Resource icon

Skins Mercedes Green Skin 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
i am very sad that nearly every skin released in F1 games are now just.... VERY badly made.

Sorry for the creators. But the quality of it is just.... Ugh.

Please pay more attention. Keep details, do not put on pixelated logos, work with transparent logos,...

dont just press "fill" and leave it.

Just looks... Wrong.
---

If you still enjoy your skins its ok of course, but i cant understand it. Sorry guys.
Have a look at ML2166 for example. High quality, attention to detail.
I am trying to achieve that aswell in my skins. Sad to see that most of he people dont care at all and doesnt even post a screenshot hoping guys will donwload and install it to look at it.

I hope it wasnt to offensive.
Sorry
I get that you are addressing (some) of the modders here, but your first part is just as applicable to the Codemasters designers really. If they did their job properly, pc players shouldn't have to rely on modders like ML2166, pebz, vladovas, ZOG, Martin Larsen etc, to enjoy these F1 games in the quality it should be in the first place.

The mods made by the established modders are of incredible quality, but in defence of (novice) modders, I would applaud any (genuine) effort of creating liveries, helmets, AI tweaks, track updates etc. Of course some things are not to everyone's liking, but any effort is welcome imo...any effort is better than I can manage in any case lol

OFC you ahve to start somewhere.

But i dont even see any effort to do them in acceptable quality.

When i started skinning, i had no idea hwat to do. I did the 2012 Ferrari and made the white areas red, looked more aggressive in my op. Cause of that, the logos which were in these ares looked not good, pixelated. So i actually replaced them. Then someone told me how to get DHD-Reworked the skin and replaced every logo.

What i mean: Even if you are a beginner, please TRY to make the skin in a way it doesnt look like its work from 2 minutes.

I appreciate that people still want to skin CM games, cause ive quit with it, havent evben bought 2014.
But even if you are a beginner, why not try to achieve skins with nice quality?

Henky's black Mercedes in DHD is the best example.

To be a beginner doesn't mean you can simply ignore the details. A good skin needs details, details need work, work needs time. So better spend some time on the skin or don't start it.

I created a skin last year's game (well, beside the Red Bull Classic Chassis). Was my first serious attempt to skin a car. It took quite some time, but when I was satisfied, I released it. Looking at this green filled stuff ... which modder can be satisfied by that? I couldn't even be as a player.

Also agree with the notion that everyone needs to start somewhere, of course....we all do/did.

But, you cannot just release something that is in actual fact inferior in quality to the original game file. Don't see the point in that myself, A: because no one will download it and actually use it, and B: if you hit the site with multiple downloads of above said quality, it will just add unnecessary files to the download section, clog it up and pinch some bandwidth along the way.

Practice, learn, try it out on your own game, when it reaches an okay standard and you are happy with it, and you think it may well end up being used by some of the community release it then.

Ok I agree. I may not have got off to a good start. My next few will take some time (I am doing an Ariel Atom skin for my sports car mod which will have McGregor, Chadi1973 and Pamela. Talk about class! They all said yes. Mod development underway. We will complete the mod then release it but I will put some stuff on the WIP thread)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back