Mercedes buys Brawn GP - Button to McLaren

as on the BBC site:

German car giant Mercedes has bought the Brawn Formula 1 team in a move that is likely to see Jenson Button join McLaren as Lewis Hamilton's team-mate. Mercedes will buy 75% of Brawn in partnership with an Abu Dhabi investment company but will continue as McLaren's engine partner until 2015.
Brawn, who won both world titles in their debut season in 2009, will be rebranded as Mercedes Grand Prix.
Nico Rosberg will be their lead driver, with Nick Heidfeld his likely partner.
Fellow German Timo Glock, who drove for Toyota last season, is also a possibility.
The team has not yet confirmed Rosberg, who drove for Williams in 2009, but he is widely known throughout F1 to have already signed for the Mercedes team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

assuming its all true, then its an unbelieveably good deal for McLaren - Free engines for 6 years, the last 2 world champions as their drivers, and they get to own all of themselves again!

As for Brawn GP, Its great that it means that the team will stay there, but its a shame that they are not gonna stay as an independent. I really dont think they will be able to compete with McLaren with the driver lineup they are proposing, much as I rate Rosberg, he isnt as good as Lewis or Jenson

the news already there in formula1.com, so i guess its true then...

afaik, mclaren has a long term plan to develop their own engine by acquiring toyota's engine div, any update?

MercedesGPF1Car2010.jpg

• Wido Rossen

Rumour goes that Jenson "Will " get that drive with Mclaren and as they want a German driver at Mercedes that Heidfeld will take Jensons place at ( former ) Brawn GP.
It`s just a mather off:clock2: before they will announce it.

• Andrew Evans

there's something very wrong with his eyes...
i think he has a nictitating membrane....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%