Cars Mercedes-Benz W125 1937 W.I.P.

Obviously the steering animation looks smoother with proper steering wheel inputs and not full lock to lock on a controller :p

c5fe23947c4025b4e9402e17b8d4a935.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/c5fe23947c4025b4e9402e17b8d4a935.mp4

I must admit, the more I drive the W125, the more I am getting to grips with it. It is still very difficult to drive, but the more laps I do round my 'country roads' circuit, the fewer mistakes I make, and the more I respect drivers like Lang and Seaman :cool:

Yes it is like that, it is like "what the hell" first impression, then "ok I just have to go slower, not use all the throttle and brake earlier", and finally "it is not impossible, I can actually drive it".

Great video, Gary. I have been doing some laps there few days ago, and when you go for under 4'10 lap it seems very very fast, actually it feels faster than it looks. I felt adrenaline rush when I was taking first corners at speeds which I thought are too fast :D I am impressed that you dare look away from where you are going, because it is so important to continuously control the yaw angle with it.

Do you still need someone to write vehicle description file? Because I did it anyway. It's not much, but it's something

Thank you I like it :) Just technical bits aren't totally correct, it did have even more torque and power. Also it was not V8, but insanely sounding Inline 8 :)

I have never wrote desciptions for cars, Jason did that, I'm sure your description will be good, but he might edit it a little, would you agree ? :)

The power curve represents power at the wheels whereas the UI tends to list power at the flywheel, that'd be why those numbers are different. I'll double-check all the tech stuff against the book I have. Easy stuff there.

By opening this thread we are announcing the beginning of the project. The team behind this car is the same as it was for Jaguar Xj13 mod.

Mercedes-Benz W125 was last pre-war Grand Prix car of 750kg maximum weight and unlimited power formula, this car and AutoUnion Type C dominated the season. It was most powerful racing car till Can-Am series.

The unique combination of skinny old fashion low durability tires, insane amount of power by outstanding straight-8 engine, high center of gravity and low weight without any fancy tricks to gain grip is something you should experience. Throttle is a privilege and brakes are as much high-tech as the tires, so you have to make sure you are slow enough at the entry, and car is settled fine if you are going to really push it.

Current state of the 3D model:

R9V4a8L.png

wj8COTy.png

Current state of in-game model:
LG1GtNT.jpg

4EaKnt4.jpg

Real thing
ray-143-new-D_NQ_NP_728611-MLA20614382940_032016-F.jpg

Some real footage, sadly no sound
Were you ever able to get this mod finished?
Thanks, jim

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back