Cars Mercedes-Benz W125 1937 W.I.P.

I have some ideas about continuing work on this car, recently been enjoying driving it quite a lot. I think physics are satisfying. Not a drift missile, rather pointy, but difficult to put the power down. Maybe too fuel and tire efficient at the moment, I believe that the reason why in footage the rarely are sliding with this car is mainly that they were saving tires, which lasted them about 20-30 minutes till they were totally undrivable, and maybe because it was scary to die.

Suspension animations are holding me back, I feel not committed to doing them. I still have to do a bit of modeling on suspension elements though.

Another thing is sound. How on earth I would fin someone to make a sound if even A3DR is using Kunos sounds. Would really need proper loud sound, which would make people complain in reviews, because they would be scared to put the throttle down, as the engine would roar at them like a lion, or burst like a thunder.

42:30

2:43

If you PM me the detailed description of the animation you need, I'll try to help. I can't tell you how happy I would be if I could help in birth of this beauty.

Because the last message in this thread was my promise to help in animation, I have to say I have done what I could. We have made the suspension animation, and would be very happy to help in driver animation or anything else we can, to help this car being finished.

I am either blind or being a dullard(both?) in finding a download link in the thread. I only see the Goodwood track from your available downloads on the site.

I am either blind or being a dullard(both?) in finding a download link in the thread. I only see the Goodwood track from your available downloads on the site.
As I probably can't link it directly, just paste mercedes-benz-w125.139 on the search box. Else, go to downloads*, "ac cars", it's the second one listed. You'll then have to be logged in to be able to use the download link.

edit: *On assettocorsamods, of course.

Last edited:
Because that site was underrated and needed more love, and community in this site started rapidly mismatch with my values and views about simracing also my own image here got bad, ineviatbly. So I needed to disconnect, having plenty of mods which you care deeply connects you (at least did it for me) a lot with community, and if community doesn't care about you and has too different views on many things it becomes depressing, it was bugging me a lot.

Without this connection I feel much better at this site, even though just recently got myself a little ban as you spoke about LeMans from S397 to AC, I just couldn't handle the absurdity lol

I hope that is a good respectable answer.

It didn't happen yet, and probably it is not going to, but here is another try. As Gary is doing extremely nice work with AutoUnion Type C, perhaps interest in such car would rise ? Imagine if both could possibly compete online.

If anyone would be willing to polish down animations (driver, suspension, drivetrain, hoses and maybe shifter) and implement it to game I would share the project with you, and would let you make a release here (actually you would have to release then). Tibor Solyom has already helped me quite a lot, suspension animations are partially modeled, needs finishing up and implementing to game.

If this would happen perhaps I would be even motivated to improve some modeling. Unless you would like do that too.

Also if this car would have proper sound, it also would be a big thing.

I would like the physics to stay, or if changes would be desired you should discuss it with me and aphidgod.

So thats it, hope dies last

cc: Mantasisg (hopefully RD loads the gifs)

925c35486b0b1eb77d94070e8ffbfa32.gif

919c59a186f635b172fbdf6885aa9420.gif

ff5cbcc55c5dca0d1a3b60bc60ff9691.gif

lol 1/3, try these links instead

https://i.gyazo.com/925c35486b0b1eb77d94070e8ffbfa32.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/919c59a186f635b172fbdf6885aa9420.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/ff5cbcc55c5dca0d1a3b60bc60ff9691.mp4

Been doing some work on the physics the last couple nights... I just want to say that I officially hate you for helping progress this thing. I hate Mantas for making it. I hate Mercedes for building it. I hate whatever star existed in our solar system prior to the formation of our sun whose supernova seeded our galactic cloud with heavy elements that eventually became the metal it's made from. To hell with the lot of you.

It is coming along reasonably well, though.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
^ I guess thats even better reason to hate those elements then lol

@garyjpaterson The progress is lightning fast, and as much as I can see, it seems pretty much perfect to me. I can see I will have to make steering rod longer, and fix that you can see through mesh there. Looks great. Also does the tires flex there ? How ? Is it just some shader stuff, or you have to model that flex in somehow to enable it ?

@aphidgod I was already rather happy with the physics, will be interesting to see what more do you have. That suspension system, especially at the rear looks like it was designed by Leonardo da Vinci. It looks that old :D

The front suspension arms aren't in the right place, steering rack needs moved... changed a couple of the inertias, by and large i'm not changing any of the big stuff, though.

@garyjpaterson The progress is lightning fast, and as much as I can see, it seems pretty much perfect to me. I can see I will have to make steering rod longer, and fix that you can see through mesh there. Looks great. Also does the tires flex there ? How ? Is it just some shader stuff, or you have to model that flex in somehow to enable it ?

Tyre flex is shaders patch yeah, pretty cool feature. Less cool feature is the fact it added useless fake shadows on the tyres even though its an open wheeler, had to spend 20 mins trying to work out what it was and how to stop it...
Screenshot_mercedes_w125_suspensiontrack_12-7-119-21-40-52.jpg

That suspension system, especially at the rear looks like it was designed by Leonardo da Vinci. It looks that old :D
It may be old, but it works, unlike the Auto Union rear suspension :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back