Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM

Cars Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
I know how to do, I think that's what's missing on AC cars, so I do that.
What do you think of these aero ?

(thanks for the correction of complex without e)

Last edited:
I wonder too...had a look at it in CM, there's multiple dozens of fins and wings all over the car, many more than the real car ever had. Not too mention that this many elements will have an impact on CPU usage.

For me some data/ files don't decrypt cleanly, e.g. 1st.rto is corrupted.

(disclaimer: just decrypting for feedback, have no intention of reuse and will not publish actual data)

Ok I'll bite - what's so complex about your aero? What are your data sources? Working with real racing teams like mclarenf1papa?

It is so complex because if I simplify it I think that I will lose in realism and I have more chance of being wrong.
For the source I found lots of images and videos of fluid analysis software (like stallion 3D whith HIST or Autodesk Flow Design), the CL and CD is the same as original car who have real efficiency (3.0).
I'm not working with real racing teams like mclarenf1papa.

If it was these questions your bite, it's a little pathetic.

Last edited:
AccAkut: I wanted to simplify it because I am limited for the opponents but I chose privileged realism to the economy of CPU.
I am not a professional, this car is free, I do not even ask donations (despite that I have an old PC me too).
So please excuse me if it is not more optimized for CPU usage.

edit: I could remove 3 or 4 without losing realism, I would lose only a little immersion (more wing, more behavior is complex, and therefore seems more natural), but it will only allow to add one opponent.
But the goal is realism and good immersion, for CPU friendly aero there is the kunos one.
Under the car wings are duplicates because with speed there is more downforce (I did as on the original, the same values, but with more details), and wings by side is a very good suggestion of Kyuubeey, Ghoults and mclarenf1papa.

Dud : Thank you for feedback, I will look at it, and no problems for decrypting.

Last edited:
I was thinking of using this car for opponents, because the Kunos version is too slow, the top speed on the Mulsanne (Le Mans 1989 without chicanes) is only about 335 km / h., although the real c9 easily accelerated on standard turbo pressure to 370 km / h., and 400 in qualification. This version is just as slow, is that how it should be?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.4%