Members increase, donations to an all time low.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Guys RD is heading fast into the direction of red numbers. As i have financed the first year of this community out of my own pocket, I am not going down that road again.

We can survive one month without your support, but a second one will probably result in that we have to let go of a game- and download server :(

With a few thousand people in the racing club you expect that dropping in a few cents every month would pay our bills with ease.

We really need your help.

Yes indeed, the donation bar is back :) Finally this forum-mod is updated and works with vB4. I have made a placeholder for the current 360 eur which was donated this month and could not automatically updated in the database.

The trouble is it's the same people donating month in, month out.

If we do lose a server please ensure its the EVO one as the biggest majority of non donators use that game platform. Why should they get a free ride ??

I understand in these finacially dificault times not everyone is able to donate. BUT too many freeloaders are taking advantage of those who do donate.

I can only agree with you Steven, as a matter of fact its ridiculous that with so many people using the service day in day out they can't miss even a few cent. If all members donated 1 euro cent per month we would almost cover the monthly costs, thats how ridiculous it is.

well... euh... how i can say... is not the first time i feel me bad if i see some difficulty to keep RD running... :/ the only thing i can say its that im very "frustred" everytime i see the donation bar... i really enjoy the service that i have here since nov 07 and i have never donate... and i feel me very "bad" for that, dont think the opposite guys!! :( if i can i will give 100e/ month!! but same 1e(+costs) i cant, for me its two days to eat more... (need to find plus minus 5000e for the f**** belgian state :))
now i completly agree with you guys that is a bit ridiculous and i can understand that the non donator cant have all service...

i really wish all the best and good "luck" to RD and will say one more BIG THX for all the work!!! still the BEST COMMUNITY IN THE WORLD!!!! ;)

Regrads.
Greg.

The trouble is it's the same people donating month in, month out.
If we do lose a server please ensure its the EVO one as the biggest majority of non donators use that game platform. Why should they get a free ride ??
I understand in these finacially dificault times not everyone is able to donate. BUT too many freeloaders are taking advantage of those who do donate.

I'm not sure if the situation is a good opportunity to address its reason to particular group of this community (what for?) Even if there are less donators in the Evo players by percentage (not a big difference) i think there is more of them. RD is in terms of my little knowledge the largest community supporting the Race series and everyone else is using rfactor or other. Thanks to this those people are drawn here and maybe some of them become donators. In the end RD membership is free. I do hope that the crisis situation was caused by lack of the donation bar and maybe slight saving policies after Christmas (yeah my credit card needed a breath for example) and as i can see now the bar has been filled up to 117% so it seems to be true.
Steven, please do not point your guns at anyone. If you are not happy that there are people that are having a free ride (and i sincerely belive most of them are due to necessity) you can always go IR or something where everyone is obliged to pay.

Steven, please do not point your guns at anyone. If you are not happy that there are people that are having a free ride (and i sincerely belive most of them are due to necessity) you can always go IR or something where everyone is obliged to pay.

I've been a monthly donator since the day I signed up to the site. I find it a great source of help and I have met a great number of "online" friends here, sadly some no longer with us.

I do subscribe to iRacing and I am quite happy to pay for the service as long as I want it.

Yes membership is free, but the servers cost money. It my own personal opinion, that if you regularly use the servers, then help with the cost of running them.

Again, I don't believe that with 34857 members, only 80 (minimum 5 euro each donation) can afford to contribute the 400 Euros required to keep this site/servers running. No. It is my opinion that the majority of the active users sponge off the goodwill of those who donate month in month out. The majority of which will undoubtedly be EVO users.

As for the lack of Donation bar being the cause...I seriously doubt it being the reason for the lack of donations. This has been a problem ever since I have joined. And the bar has only been missing for a month. Sadly it's just more evidence that the majority of users here want it for nothing. Plain and Simple.

Instead of encouraging ME to go elsewhere I suggest you highlight the FACT, that its those who don't want to pay, not those who are unable to pay, who are killing RD :wink:

Instead of encouraging ME to go elsewhere I suggest you highlight the FACT, that its those who don't want to pay, not those who are unable to pay, who are killing RD :wink:
I agree to that, and give gratitude to You as both wealthy and conscious member. The way of thinking that "someone else is gonna donate, i dont have to" is the problem. But if you still consider Evo players as the majority of this problem then liquidating all Race series events and leagues would solve it? I think it would lead to a closure of this community...

if you still consider Evo players as the majority of this problem then liquidating all Race series events and leagues would solve it? I think it would lead to a closure of this community...

We have 2 servers. One is uniquely for RACE series. On that basis YES I do consider them the majority?

I didn't suggest that all Race series events and leagues should be liquidated. I myself participated frequently until recently. That's why I donate. It's a shame others don't think the same.

let me jump in for a little statement ok ;D

i realy would like to donate that i dont do has nothing to do with not haveing much money, sometimes it would be hard to do
but a few € are not realy a problem. my problem is that i cant have a Paypal or other online payment acc for several reasons
i wont go closer on it plz take it as it is anyway the only way i could donate would be directly of my bank acc but that as far as
i know is atm not possible so i am one of the bad eggs who race in fact here and dont pay for it. on the other hand i can truly
see where you come from and its realy a shame with close to 40k members that month in month out only the same ppl donate

but to be honest you make me feel guilty for not donating even i realy cant right now. i realy would like to do but .....
anyway if there would be a option to donate from my bank acc i would be glad to do so cuz i am around here from Day one
of RaceDepartment and i never felt in a comunitey that much at home as i do here, i dont have a solution for these problem
that ppl not donate its maybe down to the human nature to demand anything that is in the www must be free even it is not right

Michael 'Herrminator' Herrmann

But we have not only 40.000 Licensed Members. We have also Unlicensed members, and i can't really expect from them also to contribute. :smile:
But still with only the Licensed members left it's indeed a shame so see we can't reach the goal every month.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back