Melbourne

I said that ages ago too....personally I like Melbourne as a track but again I feel like we need anti-cuts or the Race Directors are going to have their hands full.

Georg I know you don't want to do extra work but expecting people in a competition to respect boundaries when there is no clear penalty(unlike Hock where you run 4 wheels off the track and you get a warning), is like asking combatants in Iraq to obey the Geneva convention. All you need is 1. bigger kerbs at some of the offending corners 2. reduce grips on the green tarmac such as the T1 exit 3. rumble strips on T4 exit and the entry to the high speed chicane.
I dont do the 3D work on track. So it`s no extra work for me ;) I only made the textures.
And like Morgan said, as long as you`re with two wheels on the curb(and the other two in the grass) its no illegal cut regarding to FSR rules. I think this is no problem of the track, it`s more about nobody saw this situation comming at making the rules(I guess). Would we use the same track limit rules like in real F1 everything would be fine and we wouldnt have a discussion now.
But sure, we need a solution now.

I said that ages ago too....personally I like Melbourne as a track but again I feel like we need anti-cuts or the Race Directors are going to have their hands full.

Apparently you did not bother to read/comprehend much what I wrote in my previous two posts. Well, whatever, you got your wish through, see track update.

expecting people in a competition to respect boundaries when there is no clear penalty

:( There are clear rules about cuts in FSR, everyone who studied the rulebook (yes, it exists) know the consequences...

I dont do the 3D work on track. So it`s no extra work for me ;) I only made the textures.
And like Morgan said, as long as you`re with two wheels on the curb(and the other two in the grass) its no illegal cut regarding to FSR rules. I think this is no problem of the track, it`s more about nobody saw this situation comming at making the rules(I guess). Would we use the same track limit rules like in real F1 everything would be fine and we wouldnt have a discussion now.
But sure, we need a solution now.

Correct. Except there is no problem with FSR cut rules actually, they have been the same for the last 10 year or so. Team owners would have voted for change during all this time if they so wished. This means extending past grass sometimes, yes, this happened many times in past FSR races. It's still better than having a rule as in F1 which nobody follows (watch F1 cars on top of Eau Rouge / Radillon inside curb, now how many follow the actual rule?).

Melbourne, changes by JES and textures/banners by Georg Winter
- Removed wall to bring extra pit box
- Increased to 26 garage locations
- Added xx lines to file in attempt to reduce game cut penalties
- Removed white line on exit of T12
- Added anti-cuts for turns 1,4 and 9 inside
- Decreased grass grip
- Edited color saturation
- Changed banners
- New loading pics by Eduard

Download "final" track from here. I'm mainly interested to know if the rF2 cut penalties are 100% fixed now. The track has now the exact number of anti-cuts as in FSR 2013 version. Obviously there will be no anti-cut in T11-T12, that would never work with rF2 collision physics, so track will not be 100% noob proof. I will also not take any responsibility for "funny" rF2 crashes due to anti-cuts added.

Also you may express other wishes, for example remodeling curbs or adding xx more anti-cuts (which is another 10+ hours of work), but those will be forwarded to Santa Claus.

Apparently you did not bother to read/comprehend much what I wrote in my previous two posts. Well, whatever, you got your wish through, see track update.

:( There are clear rules about cuts in FSR, everyone who studied the rulebook (yes, it exists) know the consequences...

Correct. Except there is no problem with FSR cut rules actually, they have been the same for the last 10 year or so. Team owners would have voted for change during all this time if they so wished. This means extending past grass sometimes, yes, this happened many times in past FSR races. It's still better than having a rule as in F1 which nobody follows (watch F1 cars on top of Eau Rouge / Radillon inside curb, now how many follow the actual rule?).

Yes clear cut rules as per the rule book but that's relying on a RD watching every single lap of every single driver to watch for cuts, and again means that you can cut on server practice, post ridiculous times, which makes it hard for someone like me who has to gauge relative pace by watching the "hotlaps" or onboards when people are in server to judge relative pace and where to improve.

Anyways changes have been made so I can't complain I think it makes it easier for everyone now no? Again like victor said if everyone didn't run ridiculous low ride heights maybe people would be able to hit an anti-cut without turning into a f16

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%