Melbourne Q1 setup

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Mikko Puumalainen, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Mikko Puumalainen

Mikko Puumalainen

Ratings:
    +312
    On friday I decided to give this mod a try and set a target of 24.2 in Q1 trim. So after a decent amount of laps, I managed a 24.296 today, which is not a fantastic time, but ok for me.

I decided to upload my setup, motec data and replay of the lap in the hopes that maybe it'll help some people who are currently lost with setups. It's not a great setup, but I don't think it's too far away from a good one since I have splits for a 24.0 currently and in the past I haven't been very close to the top in Q1 trim. I mostly just focused on eliminating understeer since the rear of the car seems to be relatively stable no matter what wing settings I used.

I'm not sure how good this setup would be in race trim. The most fuel I ran with was 60L using rad 3 and duct 4 (I'm sure I could use duct 1 or 2 for a 58 lap race) which got me a 25.8.

http://l8.fi/~mipuumal/FSR/MP-010L-1_24_296.rar

• Like Like x 6
  2. Jonathan Holmes

Jonathan Holmes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    I'm expecting some top3 times now Ron....... :thumbsup: :sneaky:

• Like Like x 6
  3. Carlos Martín

Carlos Martín

Ratings:
    +387
    Thanks for the set up Mikko. Im really lost in slow cornering, lets hope getting better results with it.

4. Craig Johnston

Craig Johnston

Ratings:
    +10
    Which data plugin do you use for the motec file? I was eager to compare your own output against mine but it seems i2 standard doesn't want to open the ones my plugin makes

5. Mikko Puumalainen

Mikko Puumalainen

Ratings:
    +312
    I use this to record: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2917-rFactor-Motec-Plugin

and Motec i2 Pro 1.20.0008 to view.

I'm using these since the motec version is required to view rF2 telemetry.

6. Craig Johnston

Craig Johnston

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks, got it up and running and already spotted a few big differences which saved me a few tenths. Should hopefully give me some extra guidance correcting some of the (numerous) faults in my driving :laugh:

7. Marko Esteban

Marko Esteban
    Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    ohh yes you are the man!

possible for you bahrain setup?

8. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,278
    I think I'll give that a go :)