Resource icon

Tracks Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
jtom submitted a new resource:

Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit - Albert Park GP circuit

Conversion of Doser's Melbourne track originally for Euroracers, also including assets from a version by Triebie and de_Vil, with a few minor modifications specifically for gameplay in Assetto Corsa.
View attachment 57651 View attachment 57652
To install, extract the 7z file and copy the 'albertpark' folder into Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

Read more about this resource...

Overall I like this track. Great object detail and I like the trees. Its something really important to me personally. Very immersive.

That said there is room for improvement. For example the green walls to are not exactly the right color. Too bright I think. More importantly, maybe you could improve the surface detail. It feels too smooth also also missing some camber IMO. I've seen many times on TV the F1 cars almost spin to the right exiting the last turn for there is a bit of a crest one the outside of the turn's exit. Even Schumacher once spun out there. If you could get that sort of detail in, it would be very nice.

Overall I like this track. Great object detail and I like the trees. Its something really important to me personally. Very immersive.

That said there is room for improvement. For example the green walls to are not exactly the right color. Too bright I think. More importantly, maybe you could improve the surface detail. It feels too smooth also also missing some camber IMO. I've seen many times on TV the F1 cars almost spin to the right exiting the last turn for there is a bit of a crest one the outside of the turn's exit. Even Schumacher once spun out there. If you could get that sort of detail in, it would be very nice.

I think I lost some of the 'roughness' of the circuit when I was editing it for AC. Straight conversions from rFactor seem to be really bumpy, you might have noticed with some other conversions. I smoothed the whole course to eliminate that but it might have lost some of the subtle bumps in the process.

Great track!! Physics are super fine. Only had a slight glitch with the texture filtering blurring out too quickly.

Anyway, love it, keep it up. Here's my best laps in a Lotus Classic

Great track!! Physics are super fine. Only had a slight glitch with the texture filtering blurring out too quickly.

Anyway, love it, keep it up. Here's my best laps in a Lotus Classic
Thanks.
The texture filtering has been an issue with my tracks for a while, I'm not exactly sure what the issue is but I've been trying to fix it. I thought it was a problem with mipmaps from the .dds textures but I've double and triple checked them. As you mentioned it is more of an issue in 'lower' cars.

Anisotropic filtering in the game/graphics drivers helps a bit but obviously hurts performance.

Great track but too clean looking. Needs more skid marks. compared to real life photos the colours are too virbrant. Awesome track to drive though, keep up the fine work.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 78 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.1%
  • €3001-5000