Resource icon

Tracks Melbourne FSR 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
John-Eric Saxén submitted a new resource:

Melbourne FSR - FSR Melbourne, changes by JES and textures/banners by Georg Winter.

FSR Melbourne, changes by JES and textures/banners by Georg Winter.

2015 28/3:

-Sponsor boards and road materials update by Georg Winter
-Loading screen by Kris Cobb
-Fixed flickering wall texture in sector 2
-Fixed broken water shader
-New water texture
-Reduced trees lighting
-Reduced sharpening of white lines for less aliasing
-Added astro texture on turn 11 inside
-Removed white ambient light from trackside monitors so content can actually be seen
-Changes to grass bias and maps to...

Read more about this resource...

The AIW file has a way too aggressive racing line in my game. AI keep edging the grass and using to much of some curbs and spinning out. Also between turn 1 and 2 if the AI spin out they either get stuck or try driving backwards until they hit something and go back to racing. Also AI always take too much curb on turn 14 and either spin or drift through the turn and slow down (Formula 1 cars, both default and custom AI).

@FRMracing This track has mainly been optimized for online league racing. Have you tried reducing AI aggression? That's the only quick fix I can think about.
This is a pretty delayed response (sorry) but I've even tried PLR aggression 0, 1 & 10 (Rather than typical 30).
I currently use this for almost every circuit...
RCD=100
PLR=30
(This is the commonly recommended amount of aggression when simulating league races in Formula cars with AI.)

edit: I haven't tried this mod in a while because I ended up using another mod of the 2015 circuit.
edit:edit: I'm really confused now, FSR's website brought me to this page but the circuit I downloaded that work's better is labelled as FSR 2015 Round 1 Melbourne in rF2?

Last edited:
This is a pretty delayed response (sorry) but I've even tried PLR aggression 0, 1 & 10 (Rather than typical 30).
I currently use this for almost every circuit...
RCD=100
PLR=30
(This is the commonly recommended amount of aggression when simulating league races in Formula cars with AI.)

edit: I haven't tried this mod in a while because I ended up using another mod of the 2015 circuit.
edit:edit: I'm really confused now, FSR's website brought me to this page but the circuit I downloaded that work's better is labelled as FSR 2015 Round 1 Melbourne in rF2?

2015/2016/2017 are all the same track basically, we just label them by year of the season we are in. 2017 textures are a bit more optimized for DX11 and can be found on FSR website. Regarding AI, I'll have a look during my summer holidays, but it all requires a new re-pack of the track, so it will take some time.

I found my way to the new FSR track downloads. If you Google Formula Sim Racing most of the website links are outdated so I was searching the old pages. I'm downloading the FSR2017 mod and 2017 tracks now.

Last edited:
Also I apologize for probably being annoying. Other than the AI issues this is very well done (and as you said it was made for online league racing, not AI races.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%