Resource icon

Tracks Melbourne (2 Seasons, DRS) 2.10

Login or Register an account to download this content
Adjusting the overall AI speed in the AIW doesn't allow them to operate at your PB speed?

Its not that, the AI are about 1.5 seconds faster than me at 105% (even faster in some series). What I am saying is that the lap time to draw this AI line is 3 seconds slower than my PB. When you make a race line for the AI, the best line for them is normally nothing like the best line for a human.

Patrick Giranthon updated Melbourne (2 Seasons, DRS) with a new update entry:

Track crashing AMS fixed, Wall textures brigthness increased, LOD tweaks

Fixed the AMS crash due to error in the AIW.
Increased the brightness on the wall, and dark green runoff textures.
Balanced the track surface specular effect, fixed a few textures with the wrong alpha layer.
LOD tweaks, mainly for rear view.
Corrected a SCN error to enable the summer grass colors.
Rebuild the roof on the main grandstand.
Corrected a few minor graphics bugs and mesh issues.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Its not that, the AI are about 1.5 seconds faster than me at 105% (even faster in some series). What I am saying is that the lap time to draw this AI line is 3 seconds slower than my PB. When you make a race line for the AI, the best line for them is normally nothing like the best line for a human.

When I edit AIW, I try to force the AI to drive the human line as closely as possible because otherwise when you are racing with them they are out of synch with what they should be doing. This often causes chaos, although the latest AI is better at getting out of the way or driving around the human than before. But the farther away their lines are from reality, the more likely crashes will occur (caused by AI or the player not being able to react to other cars being in the "wrong" place). I then edit the speed in the AIW file until their lap times match the target (your personal best or someone else's personal best that is more appropriate) at 100% on the in-game AI slider. My goal is to make 100% on the slider as close as possible to 100% at Reiza tracks.

My goal is to make 100% on the slider as close as possible to 100% at Reiza tracks.

Ok, very good. I try to make them as fast as possible without the AI (several series mind you) running off into the grass, cutting the corners or changing the default AIW parameters. If the AI is too fast that is easy to adjust... if you artificially increase the AI speed to match some arbitrary lap time then issue will occur.

The rule is "the AI will not slide the car" if they slide they lift on the throttle in response. When you drive the AIW fast line you need to have the speed,brake as late as possible, have the correct track position, but you cant slide the car or lock the brakes.

I try to force the AI to drive the human line as closely as possible because otherwise when you are racing with them they are out of synch with what they should be doing. This often causes chaos,

I disagree with this premise... Over the years I have found the opposite to be true (basically). What you want to do is make the fast line as comfortable as possible for the AI. In this way they wont be slow in places they shouldn't, or hit the breaks in the wrong places... if the AI are bouncing off the curbs then they will lift when they should be on throttle for example.

Another point that is just as important as the fast line are the corridors. You need to tune the corridors in most cases to get the AI to perform as you think they should. The corridors are critical to a good AI.

If you look at the Melbourne trace that I posted you cant detect any difference to a human line... but it is. With 28 track and 41 layouts (in AMS alone). I haven't had too many complaints. I don't recall the very first track I did for the public, but it was for F1C.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi, I have a query.
My PC is with the right and necessary FPS in AMS, I mean, I do not have too many.
Does this update consume more FPS or optimize the layout ?.
Hug, thanks as always. And sorry for my bad English ..

Yes v2 will consume a bit more FPS than v1.

But this track is very light (only 500,000 poly total) and you should notice no difference.
Thank you very much for the honest response.
The main reason for my query is to decide whether to update those who leave v2 or stay with the v1 that already are very good.
Thanks again for your great work.

I have just checked and 3 DRS zone is working for me.

Oh. Interesting. When I released the track it wasn't working. I could only get any two of the three zones to work. Did you test the AI? That was what I was looking at and they would only use two zones... Maybe only players can use three zones? That would still be useful for online races.

Cheers

Hi. Can you tell me how to place crowd sounds (fans_grandprix_event_normal.wav, ...) around in a circuit? It comew inside a GMT file, or is it defined in the SCN file?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back