Megaupload.com closed

BTW Hampus I find your attitude offensive. As someone who's actually been in police states, I'm going to say that nothing the US has ever done will ever come close to an actual real police state. Have you ever been in Singapore? Have you ever been to China? What about North Korea? I've lived a short time in both Singapore and China and I was once fined for spitting on the sidewalk in Singapore. Fined just for that. But you know what? I actually enjoyed my stay in Singapore. It was nice, peaceful, and had low crime. Are Singapore's laws strict to the point of police states? Of course. But it's a different country and I have to follow a different country's laws no matter how unreasonable it may seem to me.

You Europeans complain so much here and there about "omg police states", "omg this law is dictator". Have you whining babies ever been to Singapore or China? Have you ever been beaten by the police in Asia? Just pointing out that nothing the US or the entirety of Europe for that matter will never come close to a real police state so everyone just calm the hell down. You guys have no idea how good you have actually got it when it comes to government control

I find your attitude offensive.
Have you whining babies ever been to Singapore or China?
Yea you should take a long look at the man in the mirror because that guy is a bit delirious....

Yea you should take a long look at the man in the mirror because that guy is a bit delirious....

So the fact that I've lived in Singapore and China makes me a hypocrite? Excuse me? You're talking about my own culture here. What makes you an expert on police state matters if you've actually never been in a proper police state before?

Interesting to see people react when nobody has spoken a word to them.
But it seems it´s ok for some people to express their opinions on US bills but it´s not ok for other people to do it..

You can express you opinions on them, doesn't mean i have to accept them as sound opinions. Opinions aren't infallible you know..

Did i talk to to you Juen Wang? Or did you imagine things?

Yea who said that really.... come back from lala-land now Juen.

You've implied right here that I've supported SOPA, PIPA, NDAA, and the Patriot Act:
By supporting SOPA, PIPA, NDAA, Patriot Act or any other law that puts the power into the Police states hands you are indeed a sheep.

So excuse me for getting defensive when you
#1 completely missed the point of my argument
#2 started attacking me instead of my argument.

Right, because when you run out of logic you go after the guy right? Real classy Hampus

So how is my argument that Megaupload may not be innocent wrong or flawed? How is my argument that people are over-reacting to the government taking down a corporation allegedly doing illegal business wrong?

Or are you just going to sit there and arrogantly throw more slurs and insults at me...

Again you fail to understand what i´m saying.
Listen Juen, I DID NOT TALK TO YOU, so get off my back. I never mentioned you in my posts so don´t mention me in your posts.
You have your opinion on the bills (and me it seems) and i have my opinions on the bills.

Take a deep breath and look through your own posts and you will see that you right out of the blue took my post as a response to you.
I never spoke to you so please don´t speak to me, especially in such a defensive and hypocritical way like when you say i have an offensive attitude yet you call me a baby.

The posts i mention you in was just a response for the attacks in your posts that was uncalled for.

Found two other articles, there are major holes and flaws in the first one, however, it does bring some (more) color to all this!

Why was MU really closed
and
From Rogue to Vogue: MU and Kim Dotcom

The second article is far better Ole, but I can't help but feel that Mr. Dotcom might be playing into the hands of hype in order to get sympathy for MU. At the same time, most of what he said is true and the MPAA and RIAA are completely overzealous when it comes to copyright. I've ever denied that the US copyright laws are screwed up and I thought SOPA/PIPA is another step in the wrong direction to right the copyright laws in the US. Of course, completely removing copyright and letting everyone have free range on media content is also, frankly, insulting to the creators of those content.

The first article is actually more interesting. Not neither articles answers or denies the charges that employees were fully aware of pirated content in their database and the fact that they were sharing it with each other in a business setting.

Sorry if MU employees actually did do what I just described than, no matter what motivation the government has to shut down MU, Megaupload deserved it's own downfall for atleast being stupid and careless

Again you fail to understand what i´m saying.
Listen Juen, I DID NOT TALK TO YOU, so get off my back. I never mentioned you in my posts so don´t mention me in your posts.
You have your opinion on the bills (and me it seems) and i have my opinions on the bills.

Take a deep breath and look through your own posts and you will see that you right out of the blue took my post as a response to you.
I never spoke to you so please don´t speak to me, especially in such a defensive and hypocritical way like when you say i have an offensive attitude yet you call me a baby.

The posts i mention you in was just a response for the attacks in your posts that was uncalled for.

I'm just telling you that you are over-reacting and jumping to conclusions when there actually is evidence (which may be false I'm willing to admit that, as Ole and I have discussed.) that MU is actually more at fault than the government. I believe I'm within my rights to let someone on the internet know when they aren't looking at the complete full picture on BOTH sides.

Also I'm sorry but calling SOPA/PIPA a "police state act" is laughable imho especially if you look at real police state policies in actual police state countries. Of which I have lived in. There should be no moral outrage over SOPA/PIPA and MU's downfall. SOPA/PIPA is a poorly written bill. Ok, so kill it (and it was killed). MU's downfall is more complicated than the government over-zealously acting on censorship.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. I actually didn't call you out Hampus. I called basically everyone in this thread out as a collective whole. No where did I say "Hampus you are an idiot and a baby because of X, Y, and Z". NO! I said that people who are morally outraged my MU are jumping to conclusions and acting like sheeps because it's cool to bash the US government for everything these days. I mean god forbid that MU actually did something wrong right? So no, I actually wasn't talking to you directly either but to everyone in this thread who thinks that MU's downfall was an act of dictatorial censorship. (Which isn't btw...)

I'm just telling you that you are over-reacting and jumping to conclusions when there actually is evidence (which may be false I'm willing to admit that, as Ole and I have discussed.) that MU is actually more at fault than the government. I believe I'm within my rights to let someone on the internet know when they aren't looking at the complete full picture on BOTH sides.

Also I'm sorry but calling SOPA/PIPA a "police state act" is laughable imho especially if you look at real police state policies in actual police state countries. Of which I have lived in. There should be no moral outrage over SOPA/PIPA and MU's downfall. SOPA/PIPA is a poorly written bill. Ok, so kill it (and it was killed). MU's downfall is more complicated than the government acting on censorship

Nononono YOU are the one over reacting. Just look at your posts, they contain more words then the bible. And almost all was written based on a delusional throught that someone (me) had said anything to you.

Again you have your opinions, i have mine. But don´t come and say to me that i´m the offensive one when you do exactly the same thing towards me. Especially when i never talked to you in the first place.
And no the bill has not been killed. Post-poned is a better word for it.

Go lay down for a bit, take a chill-pill or whatever you need to do because you are too worked up i can tell.

So you call my arguments delusional? Really? Are you really that against the thought that MU might have actually done something wrong this time around?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/01/why-the-feds-smashed-megaupload.ars

I actually have an opinion backed up by research. What's your opinion backed up by? Emotion? Hype? Atleast Ole gave me articles that might have stated an alterer motive for the government smashing MU. But I still see no evidence or research that says MU didn't do anything wrong and that the evidence that the government has on MU has been fabricated

Please read the posts i make. I never spoke once about your stance to SOPA/PIPA i only responded to your comments about me.
Listen if you don´t get what i´m saying this time i won´t bother to respond to you.
If you want i could translate this to chinese if that would help you.

I never once spoke about you until you attacked me hysterically for absolutely nothing.

I never once spoke about you until you attacked me hysterically for absolutely nothing.

Look, I didn't attack you directly. My post was more of a general statement attacking people who blindly jump on MU's bandwagon. Reading back on it, I realize I was more inflammatory than I meant to be so I'll apologize for offending you (or anyone else here for that matter).

All I want you (and people following this case) to do is to just read this:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/01/why-the-feds-smashed-megaupload.ars

Whether you believe the article or not is your own business. As Ole and I discussed, the US could very well have fabricated evidence against MU and I'm willing to admit that's a possibility (although I personally doubt it). I just want you guys to realize that this case isn't 100% one sided as you all may think, that's all

How I see this thread:
fire2.jpg

You could always continue this via PM.

Reading back on it, I realize I was more inflammatory than I meant to be so I'll apologize for offending you (or anyone else here for that matter).

Apology accepted without a doubt, i´m glad you realize that i never wanted to instigate a conversation with anyone, just state my opinion.
I also see now that it was a bit over the line and can be seen as offensive and i also want to apologize to you for causing this reaction out of you which i in some way see as a natural reaction considering when and what i wrote.

Just wanted to talk some about the new way of artists and how they go about distributing their music.

Zack Hemsey, a genius in the same sense as Hans Zimmer.
Creates music for movies.

He has taken a new approach to the "new world" of the music industry.

First of all he puts up every single song he did, even the ones from movies on to youtube.
He then has a homepage where you can listen to every song as many times you like.

And then finally he sells his album for $10. This is the new way in my opinion.
I will actually buy his album because of how he distributes his music.

One of his best imo,

One comment on youtube sums up his music for me :)

God called....He wants his Ipod back.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years