rF2 Megane's @ Singapore Bay (night) - Sunday 16 November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys.... i think there's a problem with version 2.2 online... for me, it's way too dark... the track and kerbs and what not are barely distinguishable from black... offline it's fine... i tested on my local dedi... 2.1 is fine, 2.2 same problem... we might need/want to consider reverting to 2.1 for this event - check it out and see if you get the same....

in other news, not sure i can do this event, i honestly can't even string a lap together in these cars.... it's oversteer city and waaaaaaaay beyond my meagre talents... will confim tomorrow.... :(

Seems fine for me, but that was offline - so it may be that there is a issue with it online.

What happens if you set the server to like 10AM?

Also, for the sliding issue, try lowing the springs by 1 click on each, putting the rear ride height up to 7 and upping the rear wing to max.

• Andrew Evans

the server is up, mate - give it a connect and see....

thanks for the setup tips, i'll give them a whirlo :thumb:

Server is set to 12:00 AM so it should be good . It is dark ive seen that 2 but with headlights on its ok .
Here is another setup
btw first post says Singapore (night) :)

Attachments

• Pat-Megane-Singapore.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 282
  • Andrew Evans

i can't drive these things at all... it's making me all HULK SMASH... so i'm gonna sign out rather than be a liability.... sorry pat :(

I know how you feel Andrew. Even the AI has trouble with these things. It's like driving on ice!

*EDIT*

I think there may definitely be a problem with the Megan mod. I thought I'd try the PCC mod, 'cos I find the Porches very hard to drive. I immedietly noticed that the track looked different, more what I thought it should look like, and went round a lap without fighting the car to prevent a spin every corner.
With the megan mod, the track looked very black and very very shiny, with the PCC the track looked normal.

I thought I'd get some screenies, but after using Singapore withh PCC it looked normal with the megan mod, and seemed to have slightly more grip. I'm guessing this is not normal behaviour:p

Can someone else try it out please to make sure I'm not going mad

Did practice and quali, got 6th (had a lot more speed though).

Then race, I set off and round Turn 4 everyone disappears for a second, re-appears and then disappears, then re-appears etc etc. So I had to quit. Crying shame, as I was up to 5th off the start and feeling good.

ther was incident :D
then came flags and safety car and while people were cathering behind it, i
saw some1 coming with full speed and overtaking whole pack :D
so my jaw dropped totally in awe and totally forgot to press gas :D
same time patrick was typing and hit me lil and it damaged car somehow that
it just was very eager to spin and so eventually it did. from very light gas.

had fun driving that track tbh. made like 40-45laps maybe total in practice and quali.
so had my share of driving for one evening.

so nps patrick, was kinda hilarious the whole situation.
sometimes **** just hits teh fan :DD

till next time o/

Probably about the worst race ive ever had here... spent about 10 mins behind a safety car because someone spun and then hit an invisible barrier that stuck out on the inside of a corner which ruined the rear suspension.

Not the best made track really, invisible barriers and holes to fall down so you cant get back on.

Well, 2nd race and 2nd DNF.. :laugh2:

Apologies to Steve Emmons - it was me who went up the back of you. One moment there was somebody way off, the next moment, BAM, a car in front of me with nowhere for me to go!!

Oh well, better luck with the karting on Wednesday I guess :bye:

Big sorry to Massimo DellaP...that was my first safety car, and I didn't realise it was even there :( So sorry for being such an idiot :(

That may well have been my last Megan race for a while, cos they make the Porsches look tame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back