rF2 Megane's @ Singapore Bay (night) - Sunday 16 November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God what a disaster tonight :quiet:

First I didn't know there is parc ferme on the megans, so on my second stint it would have been 100l of fuel for me :quiet:.

Start was ok, then ryan overtaked me. He was lagging and I crahed in the lagging car :disapointed: supension damaged. Then ryans car jumped from left to right and lagged again and I shocked of that crashed into the wall. Car front damaged, flat tyre. Then I stocked on a courb and forgett the clutch. Engine out.:quiet: Stand there a while and tryed to get over that stupid high courb LOL. Fortunatly I was able to get to pits. Then a very loooong pitstop abput 104 sec with repairs and 100l fuel :quiet: and tyres. Then there was safty car LOL so I didnt loose to much . was p6 . but then as there was not misfortune enouth I get a disconnect from my ISP :quiet:

Start was ok, then ryan overtaked me. He was lagging and I crahed in the lagging car :disapointed: supension damaged. Then ryans car jumped from left to right and lagged again and I shocked of that crashed into the wall. Car front damaged, flat tyre.

So sorry Daniel, I had no lag at all throughout practice and qualifying. I pulled out of the way as soon as I could :(. Sorry to have ruined your start. :sad:

Disaster:pissed-off:
I killed my engine when i hit a wall, when i was in 3rd, at lap 10.
First time on this track, can´t say i like it, neither the mod.
I just don´t like this mod, never did, since the first version.:quiet:

If the future of (real) car racing is street racing, i problabily will
see it less and less. But ofcourse this is a personaly taste.
I like traditional tracks where drivers make a mistake, loose some places,
but don´t kill a race. :hug-right: People want to see many cars as possible
on track.
This comment has nothing to do with tonight´s race, just a comment
about what FIA is doing about F1, in 10 years if F! still exist, half of
the races will be beetween walls, just because! :disapointed:

Cheers

Lol,well i share all your thoughts on this race :) It was a bad choice with this car i think :) I had 5 pitstops from more then 2 minutes so i wasn't to happy myself !!
But 4th in the end with 3 ppl who made the race was a fine result :)
On the other hand Oliver had a great race and if he can we all should be able to drive this track with this car (not as fast as he does)
Maybe more practice would solve a lot because i heard some ppl say that it was the first time tonight in eighter car or track (including me ). You can expect some trouble then . I agree that the track is not really finished ,but overall i think it was not a total disaster :)

Oh well beter luck next time :good:

Attachments

• GRAB_027.jpg
    GRAB_027.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 253
  • GRAB_029.jpg
    GRAB_029.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 251
This comment has nothing to do with tonight´s race, just a comment
about what FIA is doing about F1, in 10 years if F! still exist, half of
the races will be beetween walls, just because! :disapointed:

I know what you mean, but I do think it's a valid comment online, as well as real life. Whether it was the mod I'm not sure, but I never really felt comfortable around this track..

Thanks to Patrick for setting up the event. I thought Singapore was a fun track and it got better with each release. It was a real challenge to stay off the walls in the Meganes though.:laugh2: Now, about the Meganes -- ok, now I finally get it. I'm hooked! If they just didn't sound like angry bumble bees...:laugh2:

@Paul --- no problem, it's all in the spirit of good fun. I was also trying to avoid an altercation in front of me and it's possible that you didn't notice how much I slowed down. It sure weirded out my suspension though. The car wouldn't turn properly and I ended up in the walls a couple of more times before I made it to the pits. I think it was a 100 sec pit stop before I got back on the track. lol

I thought my race was over after such a long pit stop, but I have to say that the pace car worked much better than I thought it would. I'm glad we didn't do a restart because we were able to reform and restart the race. Just like real life... Pretty cool actually... :dance2:

Anyway, I stuck it out and chased Oliver to the end hoping that he hadn't made his pit stop. But, he had and he was too fast for me and I finished second. Unfortunately, there were only 3 of us still running at the end.:laugh2: I think the survivors should get a prize persistance though.:handshake:

Thanks guys!:beer:

First race for me on RD... first time on Singapore on my loved Megane...

Bad qualy because the track dont was in my head, in race i can stay near the group of cars. When is entried the sc i haven't problem with the track and with the car... but Tim decide to give mi a present.... punt in my back megane... wheel broken and many damages in my megane that with 100% of damage is impossible to drive. At pit to arrange my car i take also a stop and go....

In the attemp to gain position my error.... bang in the wall and race finish...

No problem Tim... see at the next!!!

Bye Bye and Good Night!!!:beer::beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back