rF2 Meganes @ Adria raceway Friday August 29th 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys lost interest when I could not change my fuel from 100 ltrs. No way I was going to race and pit only to get another 100ltrs of fuel added. Knew it was parc ferme with this mod but thought you could change that.
Bummer what a waste of all that practice :amen:

Great Race ! I had second time in qually so had a good point to have a blast.
Start was bad and i lost 2 places so 4th position after 1 lap.
Second lap some mistakes at front brought me back to 2nd :)D)
Then Barney on my tail had a small mistake and made a small push in my back and i spun. came back 6th and needed to push !!
After 24 laps i had my first stop and forgot to undo the repair....... so 28 seconds extra pit time :becky:
Eck was really from outer space today and was leading big time !! Great driving there:thumb: The race was smooth after that, well in the end i had a small sand adventure and that got Toni all focused again :D
I had a fun race ,thx guys cya next one :thumb:

Well, some humble pie to be eaten...
After installing the mod a short time before, I signed in the first time, only to find, I didn't have the track in either... I wasn't really hopeful...

When I'd completed a few laps, I was hooked... Patrick said he'd be much obliged, if I could sign up, so out I came n signed up...

Qualified 8th, though I couldn't replicate the lap in the session.

Started the race well, didn't make any positions, nor did I lose any.
Thanks to others misfortunes, I started making positions.. finding myself in 3rd and right on the tail of Patrick.. My first thought was "this can't last"... lol. And ofcourse it didn't, I did get past Patrick, when I noticed it was for the lead... I ofcourse, span off.... lol. I thought, "try chasing him down again". When I started gaining (incidentally, making lap times around 4 tenths faster than I had in qually), I allowed myself a thought of a win... and the dream, didn't fall to pieces... this time.
I got the lead back, and didn't lose it again, until I pitted. After Patrick made his stop... I was out front again...
We came home in that order.. don't worry gents, its not likely to happen again.... lol.

Grats to Patrick and Toni for there podium finish, and to Jens and Theo for 4th n 5th.
Thanks to Patrick for organising a great event, and to my fellow competitors who turned out too.

Well, had a great time last night! Set a new PB in qualifying (2nd to last on grid though)! Like I expected I made quite a few small mistakes during race but I managed to keep the car undamaged throughout.
Because I had a hard enough time controlling the car I decided to go for a daring :)P) 2 stop strategy LOL! Hoping to keep it in one peace with not too worn tires. Helped but it did put me 2 laps from the lead in the end.
Still I had some fun in the beginning following the pack. And after my 2nd stop when I came back on track right in front of Jens who was in 4th position (me being in 5th). I let Jens pass and decided to try to follow as close as possible. I think Jens and I were about the same speed (I might even have had a slight advantage being on fresh tires) I always have trouble following people close behind so I took this opportunity to practice a bit, thanks for that Jens! :D
Was a nice race, though a bit too easy to make mistakes on this circuit with a car that struggles for grip all the time!
Looking forward to the next race! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back