rF2 Megane Trophy @ Snetterton - Monday February 14th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
When I was trying out this track my best lap was 1.07.913. [smart-ass mode on] But it was only after 22 laps [smart-ass mode off] ;) I hope I can repeat it today:)
Why so many sign outs:( Flu, birthday, work... Yeah, of course... You mates better stop acting tough guys and tell the true - it's Valentine's Day and it's time for sweeeeeet love not racing;)

When I was trying out this track my best lap was 1.07.913. [smart-ass mode on] But it was only after 22 laps [smart-ass mode off] ;) I hope I can repeat it today:)
Why so many sign outs:( Flu, birthday, work... Yeah, of course... You mates better stop acting tough guys and tell the true - it's Valentine's Day and it's time for sweeeeeet love not racing;)

Well, here in Brazil the Valentine's Day is June 12th, lol! :D

The point is I have a league race tomorrow and I'm not too prepared for it. Besides, I'm not so good at health department as well. My stomach has been killing me lately. I have to stop drinking coffee asap! rs

How do you rate your driving level?
Amateur
O RLY?;) Congratulation to You mate for today's clean sweep:) You were like wind today;)

As for me - too many mistakes this evening:facepalm: Although - in first race my mistake on beginning provide me great fun in making up for lost positions almost all race:) I was little agressive attacking all the time in turns 3-4 after longest straight but on replay I see it was all clean so I should get away with it:D I ended second - always second, my favourite position:tongue:

In second race I made a mistake and spun right away on first lap in turn 2 and was hited by Rich (sorry mate that I get in your way:frown:). I thought - no problem, there comes the fun again:) but this time I had damaged suspension and twisted steering wheel so fun didn't came... I managed to get to fourth position and I saw five seconds ahead of me Ross and Adam who were fighting each other. It was only fight on track:tongue: so I really wanted to join them - maybe too much. Two times I was slowly reducing their advantage and two times I lost it in stupid way... On the next-to-last lap Ross drop down and was very close to me but again... stupid mistake and I miss out on last fight:frown: As a result - fourth position.

And also - I really have to work on my starts. I blow it every time.

Thanks for racing everyone and for Adam great thanks for organising:)

Great fun racing these.

Q1: Did a PB but no-where near Matt's time but was P3.

R1: I was hoping I could make a start like I did last week and I did, but Matt did as well. I was running 2nd and had a good battle with Lukasz for a bit, until we had one scary moment in turns 3 and 4 which I luckily survived, although unfortunately he didn't. Had Andy on my tail now and put some real good pressure on me which led to me making a mistake and dropping behind. Got going again and started pressurising Andy which led to him making a mistake and I was back up to 2nd. Lukasz reeled me in as my tyres/brakes were failing and he made a great manouevre around the outside of turn 4 before I span at turn 5 trying hard to keep with him for the chicane. Finished 3rd.

Q2: Similar lap, and still nowhere near Matt but was up to P2 this time.

R2: Made another good start and Matt and I opened up a bit of a gap to the cars behind. Matt pulled away quite quickly after a few laps so I just let him go and concentrated on my race. Made a small mistake which allowed Ross onto my tail and he was much quicker in the chicane. Again my tyres/brakes were failing which led to a few slides that may of impeded Ross (apologies). Ross made a mistake on the penultimate lap and dropped 3 seconds back so I relaxed and took it easy until the end for 2nd.

Thanks to all those who raced :)

I had alot of fun here!

R1 got a funky start even tho I practiced it some. Had fun catching up and then got in a good mix with Ross and Martin M torwards the end.

R2 got a good start but got caught up in T2 dance with Luke and got right front wheel and susp dmg.
Dang pit crew wanted to finish their beers before fixing the car.:cool:

Got back into it to avoid a DNF.:wink:

cyall next time,

Rich

Couple of good races, for the most part anyway, until mistakes got the better of me :rolleyes:
Managed to get into decent postions in both races only to succumb to the pressure of Adam in the first one, and I think it was Lukasz in the second race.

Must learn to stop looking in the mirrors at the critical points :wink:

Good fun all the same, thanks for the races guys :D

Terrible. Couldn't get a decent setup, couldn't saty on the track, spun in front of Tony and gave him no chance of missing me, we both lost steering and had to pit, forgot to put the limiter on and got a drive through penalty and cruised around till the finish.

Fairly decent start in race 2 till I spun and rejoined about 20 seconds behind the field. Plodded round and passed Martin who had spun off. He kept catching me and just as i was expecting a decent battle he kept spinning off which was quite a amusing.

The only semi intelligent thing I did all night was let Matt pass me just before the finish line after time had run out so I didn't have to endure the torture of another lap.

Used the wrong setup for practice/qualie/race 1, but sorted this for race 2 and was a bit more competitive. Had a nice battle with Adam and may have got past if it wasn't for his slight wobbles across the track!
Cheers for the admin duties, and thanks for some clean racing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 218 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years