rF2 Megane Trophy @ Seven Hills - Monday March 14th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
R1, qualified midfield, ran a lonely race and finished 6th (I think) 15 seconds ahead of 7th and 15 seconds behind 5th so not too exciting.

R2, couldnt get a clean lap so was midfield again. Dropped in behind andy who pulled away as my superb skill saw me dropping into neutral at the top of the hill a few times. This gave Rich the chance to get on my tail and he stayed there for the next 6 laps or so. Then he outdragged me on the straight and led me for the next 6 until he nearly hit the wall, again at the top of the hill. I sneaked past and we resumed formation with less than a second in it.
Had a scary moment approaching the jump as we found Bjorn sitting in the middle of the road facing us. We managed to pass either side, must have looked good from Bjorns view, and we hammered it to the finish. I eventually held Rich off and took 4th place by about half a second. Fantastic entertainment for me, I didnt think a 20 minute Megane race could be so exhausting.
meg.jpg

Great stuff again RD guys, ran extremely well without any admin - Adam - the next time you pick the track from hell, make sure you turn up and race!

On the first race I got 3rd on the grid, got a good start and used that advantage to get by Lukasz who got a bad start. Was now in 2nd behind Wayne, pushing and trying to pass but it was almost impossible because of Wayne and that the track is hard to overtake on. Spun on the tight-upphill-right-hander(which is almost mandatory at some point), got struck by Lukasz(sorry!) as well as passed by him but then overtook him on the same lap at the last corner when he made a mistake. Back to second and I was on a mission, the forthcoming laps I closed in on Wayne from a 6sec gap to roughly 2sec, when I again made an error after the first chicane and into the barrier at pit-exit. Lost 2sec and with only 4 laps to go it was impossible to catch and overtake Wayne unless he made some sort of error. But of course he didn't and he took the win with me trailing 5sec in 2nd and Lukasz not far behind to take 3rd.

On the second race I made 2nd on the grid behind Lukasz who again got pole. Got a good start and so did Lukasz but he made an error coming into the first corner and thus elevating me to 1st, Wayne followed suit and it looked like Race 1 would repeat itself but with switched orders. Kept the distance on him but on lap 4 he closed in on me and on lap 5 he spun(guess which corner!). This gave me a comfortable lead as we had ran away from the pack, I was now safe by 6sec down to 2nd place Stephen. Stayed in the lead throughout the rest of the race, extended the gap down to 2nd by some 8sec. Made a small error which cost me 2sec coming out of that damn corner(!) but was far ahead so no damage done. At the end Wayne had climbed back to second and was closing in bit by bit, and at the finish he was only 6sec behind.
Thanks all for some great racing and performance! :D

EDIT: Oh and the track! First time driving it, it was a blast! :D

great racing Magnus
hopefully Magnus we will battle again.

Indeed I hope we do, so far I've had a very nice racing-experience with you! :)

Had a great time both races but R2 was very cool dicing with Steve. Excellent driving by all except for me bumping into Evan in R1.:redface:

It wasn't much of a bump but it was enuff. I could try to come up with some excuses but I still bumped him off the trak.:poke:
I apologize Evan, I don't like to do that stuff.

A big thanks to RD and the admins for the great racing.:party:

Thank you all for a great welcome and some very close racing.

First time at this track so surprised i quali'd 4th & 5th for the races....although it didnt last lol

Some small errors put me out of a podium in both races but i had a blast!!

I've been racing single seaters with Wayne for 2 years so its great to race something new in anger :)

Oh and REALLY looking forward to the V8 mod too

Well, that was a really challenging track, and I really enjoyed it :D

Got a 4th and a 3rd, after qualifying in 5th each race.
Unlucky Stephen with the spins, I had a few myself in each race, but was lucky to get away with them both with little or no damage.

Thanks to all for the races as usual :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back