Mega Entry List For SuperGT/DTM 'Dream Race'

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The second tie-up event between Japan's Super GT Series and the DTM is scheduled for later this month - check out the incredible lineup of star drivers looking to take part in Fuji.

With DTM and Super GT having adopted the common 'Class One' regulations in part for this season, and in full during 2020, both series have taken the opportunity to showcase how the different categories can perform together equally on the same circuit - with the next stage of the partnership set to take place at the 'Super GT x DTM Dream Race' in Fuji on the weekend of November 23-24th.

DTM SuperGT Dream Race 3.jpg

As this race doesn't represent a full championship points paying event, many of the European based DTM teams have taken the opportunity to field a few star drivers... including Formula One and IndyCar legend Alex Zanardi, who will once again be taking the reigns of the BMW M4 DTM following his successful debut in the series at Misano last year.

With Zanardi back in action at Fuji, the Italian driver will be joined by another pair of DTM spec BMW's and four Audi RS5 DTMs - driven by fellow star driver and former Grand Prix star Kamui Kobayashi. For Audi, Benoit Treluyer will make a return to the series, as will former WEC and Le Mans winner Loic Duval.

The full 'Super GT x DTM Dream Race' driving line up can be seen below:

• BMW - BMW Team RBM - Kamui Kobayashi - Kamui Kobayashi
  • Honda - Team Kunimitsu - Naoki Yamamoto - Naoki Yamamoto
  • Nissan - NDDP Racing with B-Max - Frederic Makowiecki - Kohei Hirate
  • BMW - BMW Team RBM - Alex Zanardi - Alex Zanardi
  • Lexus - Lexus Team LeMans - Kenta Yamashita - Kazuya Oshima
  • Honda - ARTA - Takuya Izawa - Tomoki Nojiri
  • BMW - BMW Team RBM - Marco Wittmann - Marco Wittmann
  • Nissan - Team Impul - Daiki Sasaki - James Rossiter
  • Honda - Team Mugen - Hideki Mutoh - Daisuke Nakajima
  • Honda - Real Racing - Koudai Tsukakoshi - Koudai Tsukakoshi
  • Lexus - Lexus Team Bandoh - Sho Tsuboi - Yuji Kunimoto
  • Audi - WRT Hitotsuyama - Benoit Treluyer - France Benoit Treluyer
  • Nissan - NISMO - Ronnie Quintarelli - Tsugio Matsuda
  • Nissan - Kondo Racing - Jann Mardenborough - Mitsunori Takaboshi
  • Audi - Audi Sport Team Phoenix - Loic Duval - Loic Duval
  • Audi - Audi Sport Team Rosberg - Rene Rast - Rene Rast
  • Lexus - Lexus Team TOM'S - Yuhi Sekiguchi - Kazuki Nakajima
  • Lexus - Lexus Team TOM'S - Nick Cassidy - Ryo Hirakawa
  • Lexus - Lexus Team Cerumo - Yuji Tachikawa - Hiroaki Ishiura
  • Lexus - Lexus Team SARD - Yuichi Nakayama - Heikki Kovalainen
  • Honda - Nakajima Racing - Tadasuke Makino - Narain Karthikeyan
  • Audi- Audi Sport Abt Sportsline - Mike Rockenfeller - Mike Rockenfeller

DTM SuperGT Dream Race 4.jpg

If you wish to know more about the world of motorsport, or have a question for our epic community here at RD, head over to the Motorsport sub forum and post a message!

Motorsport is AWESOME!

@Tennracer I believe you may be right... would be a shame though as I do love the Blancpain GT3 series....
Both of the titles handle really well. Its just rF2 has that subtle edge over ACC in the feedback, I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's really close imho.
When driving either title I feel immersed and can feel the road and what the car is doing etc.

@Tennracer I believe you may be right... would be a shame though as I do love the Blancpain GT3 series....
Both of the titles handle really well. Its just rF2 has that subtle edge over ACC in the feedback, I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's really close imho.
When driving either title I feel immersed and can feel the road and what the car is doing etc.

I haven’t tried it but I suppose the nearest you could get is the URD T5 Mod and the Gt500 car.

I agree though a DLC of this little lot would be great :)

This looks like it’s going to be a great event. Someone send me a PM if I’m wrong but I could find nothing on the last race at Hockenheim, only some onboard videos, not event a 30 minute highlight video for example.

Of course I’ll be cheering for Alex, what a legend :)

This looks like it’s going to be a great event. Someone send me a PM if I’m wrong but I could find nothing on the last race at Hockenheim, only some onboard videos, not event a 30 minute highlight video for example.

The DTM YouTube channel has a few onboards, and a couple of very short 3min highlight videos, but sadly not the full race in English comms... :( Good watch from JB camera though, enjoyed watching the bloke try and keep that Honda on track in the wet :D

Was there ever a race? As far as I can remember it was just some of the Japanese cars cruising round the track for a lap or two with some of the German cars. I may be wrong, though.

Yes, the Super GT cars joined the DTM for the season finale at Hockenheim, but due to the tyre regulation differences between the two series, didn't really get a chance to compete up at the sharp end. Saying that, due to weather, Jenson Button managed to drag the NSX to a solid top ten quali and race, which was an impressive performance.

On a side note, would love Button and Hulk and Kubica to all go to DTM next season. That would be epic!

Wow that looks epic, didn't realise they partnered up...will have to check that out soon :thumbsup:

@ZeroRisk if that happens then Assetto Corsa Competizone is done for

I wouldn't go that far...RF2 would still need much more 1st party tracks (and by that I mean on the Sebring/Le Mans/Nords level) and their new UI/competition system would have to deliver in a big way for that to happen. ACC finally got triples working, VR works but is still a WIP it seems, but they have the cars, lots of tracks (that come with the base price compared to RF2's pricing model) and several more on the way so it's anybody's game right now.

Having said all that, and this is coming from a bigfan of both ACC and RF2, but I still end up racing in AC(1) and R3E more than those two sims right now :O_o:

Was there ever a race? As far as I can remember it was just some of the Japanese cars cruising round the track for a lap or two with some of the German cars. I may be wrong, though.
Yes, the Super GT cars joined the DTM for the season finale at Hockenheim, but due to the tyre regulation differences between the two series, didn't really get a chance to compete up at the sharp end. Saying that, due to weather, Jenson Button managed to drag the NSX to a solid top ten quali and race, which was an impressive performance.
Just a quick note guys, about the issue of Japanese cars just cruising and DTM care murdering them, other than tyre issues, that event we have watched (at Germany) was a DTM race with SuperGT cars as guests, a parade, not the actual combined race with the agreed regulations, which means DTM didn't cancel the use of P2P and DRS for DTM cars at germany and the DTM cars were using the *** of them during the race because it was their series and competition not the combined weekend, but in this race that we will watch, DTM cars won't have P2P and DRS available during any session of the event, also they have gathered a little data on tyre so far, the race will be way closer this time.
also SuperGT teams in their series, have to use normal fuel available at each track by the organizers, so they have developed their racing cars to work with Variable fuels (i like this idea) not something like other series that team can have the fuel of their choice and from what i've heard the DTM cars have to use the available fuel at fuji, not the fuel of their choice. this case is not officially confirmed yet, but will be w welcome one.

I wouldn't go that far...RF2 would still need much more 1st party tracks (and by that I mean on the Sebring/Le Mans/Nords level) and their new UI/competition system would have to deliver in a big way for that to happen. ACC finally got triples working, VR works

Just had to chime in, cause I agree with you. Give them rFactor 2 fan boys a break, let them dream in peace, they've been having this same wet dream where rFactor 2 is king for almost 10 Years, it's free to dream though so I'd give em some slack. :sneaky:

Yes. I love SuperGT. So....who's going to make us a full-blown SuperGT sim?

It's only a hunch but do Sony have the rights to all these lovely vehicles through the Gran Turismo games?

That's the only time I remember being able to drive all these lovely cars :)

Being selfish for a second my favourite period is the late 2000's with the RE-Amemiya RX7, McLaren F1 GTR, etc. would love to see those in a sim.

I haven’t tried it but I suppose the nearest you could get is the URD T5 Mod and the Gt500 car.
I like the T5 cars a lot, the Nissan one though is a hard pass from me. I like the s397 GTR though. I would not be happier about anything is sim racing than if rfactor2 got the official SGT license and added the Honda and Supra. Seems like a long shot though.

I'm curious to see if or how they balance performance between the cars here. In Hockenheim they simply made the SuperGT cars use the garbage Hankook tires. Now with SGT cars on their own tires, specifically designed for their cars, I think they will be significantly faster than DTM cars in Fuji. Still will be fun to watch either way though

EDIT: Both DTM and GT500 cars will be running on the standard DTM Hankook tires.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years