Media Team Formula Pro Europian Series

I saw that there is a media team for FPWS.
Isnt it time there is one for FPES???

Ill be more than happy to make some nice Replays for Div 1 and Div 2 .
But some help is always welcome.

Cheers Jakob

Good idea:cool:, a lot of the Presto guys have made some great videos in the past, though it was always a bit ad hock, as in, someone made a vid if they fancied it and had a bit of spare time, though it seems to have dropped of a bit lately

Maybe going forward into next season it's time for a more coordinated approach.

For those of us that have "fraps" we could split up the video capture part of the task (the bit that takes ages) by assigning a number of people to capture the good bits from different phases of the race, then upload the .avi's to a file hosting site and then one guy could assemble and produce the final vid, this should spread out the workload a bit

what you think?

Jim

I use Fraps to record the replays. 25 fps on 1920x1080 resolution ,but the problem here is that this creates files of several GigaBytes! Also you need a High End Pc to record it at such high Res.

So if we spilt the work for a replay , we need some way to transfer those files.
Probably best to have all same software and same resolution , then to use all same Templates and same Codec.

Cheers Jakob,

Hello
I see you guys plan on some creative team work.
If i can give you a little advice:
If you are going to spread the work of recording the material to several people, also remember to keep the aspect ratio of your choice.
16:9 works best when it come to viewing and uploading in this format uses the all available space on YT and other video hosting portals.
So if any of the recording helpers is using a traditional "square" 4:3 display he would have to switch to a letterbox compatible resolution to have the correct aspect ratio despite he would have unused black stripes on the top and button of the screen.

I agree we would need to all be using the same aspect, resolution, framerate and file format for the captures, I think we could sort that bit out easily enough.

For transferring the files there are a number of free file hosting sites we could use, Humyo etc. or even Divine studios, the files could then be removed after so they don't eat up Damian's web space

Jim

I think a potential problem, as mentioned above, is the enormous size of the raw files from fraps. Lately i have tried out 1280x780 (or whatever the ratio is) and it is about 180 MB per 10 seconds. I think the cooperation is a great idea, but is there a good solution to this challenge?

Hmmm, your right, I've just looked in my fraps captures folder, 21 secs- 850mb (1280x800 50fps)

Short of posting DVDR's by air mail, I see it's flawed

Jim

Sorry Guys , but i want to make replay 's in High Definition , so lets stick to the 1920 x 1080
But its very simple guys
Put the footage you took from fraps into Adobe After Effects, then Encode the complete Movie
This will bring down the size dramactly !
But this video will still be on High Res !
Think we dont have to do a complete Replay, but just the highlight i think, so 10 min off footage will be enough.
So when film is completed i guess it wont be more then 300 mb.

Sorry Guys , but i want to make replay 's in High Definition , so lets stick to the 1920 x 1080
But its very simple guys
Put the footage you took from fraps into Adobe After Effects, then Encode the complete Movie
This will bring down the size dramactly !
But this video will still be on High Res !
Think we dont have to do a complete Replay, but just the highlight i think, so 10 min off footage will be enough.
So when film is completed i guess it wont be more then 300 mb.

It's not the end of the world, I know, but does not this mean that the video will be encoded twice, once for the "raw tapes" and once after editing? Or does not this do much to the quality of the picture?

Oke , couple off thing

First off all , i've seen that the replay files from the Server, are smaller then my own in Size
So does this mean its recorded by Race07 in lower quality?

if so , i would like someones replay of Division 1 !
as ill be racing in Div 2 , so ill have my own replay :0

Also a Screenshot of the Qualifing results will be very handy !

Second of all i would like to know what style of replay is prefered.
it would be nice to have commetary with it .
But like like a good trance song going along the action as well

So who's volunteering to do this part?

Dont get me wrong guys, but ill do both replays of div 1 and 2 myself.
Have a lot of free time, and i want to Master Adobe after Effects. and some other programs.
And want to work in RAce07 to get some amazing Camera Work, have figured out , how to get my mouse seeting correct to do nice Pan's and zoom's

Mayby you have any other ideas, or suggestion , drop a message here !

Cheers Jakob

But how is it possible then that my VCR file is so much bigger the the SERVER's one ?

You got me to, but it is an interesting question that I would like to know the answer to. How big is the difference? Do you have a concrete example?

I know it matters not much in a video, but there will always be small differences from each drivers replay, so the server replay is the "official testament" of what happened. But as I said, in the free creative role" of a video-maker it matters not much.

I agree that commentary would spice up videos a lot, and two people would be better than one as well. I would not mind lending my poor-english-accent-voice to this cause if it is needed!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%