F1 2011 Mechanical Failures

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I had a fault with my DRS during Melbourne. Was wondering what other failures there are and what you have experienced. Also are there race ending failures, like blown engine, suspension, gearbox etc?

I had a puncture in Malaysia during qualifying. It was wet and I was running in 20th, 0.2 secs off Karthikeyan. My target was 19th and then on my final hot lap (which was going really well) I got a puncture which ended my qualy session!

I have not had much luck with the racing so far.
Race in Aus. On last lap the car looses major power and struggled to get up to 115km/h. Lost 6 positions.
Race in Malaysia. 2 Laps left and front tyres blows. Which in turn also helps wreck the front nose cone. Lost 12 positions in last 2 laps.
So i still need to actually finish a race without a issue. But, its all good :)

I also lost my drs at Melbourne for a lap or 2 in quali. I thought it must be because it was raining on part of the track.

Also, during practice 1 in China it was very wet but a dry line was appearing towards the end of the session. i put on a pair of primes and braved the slippery track and found the drs was active even though the dry line wasn't that dry yet. Very difficult to use in those conditions but fun experience.

I have not had much luck with the racing so far.
Race in Aus. On last lap the car looses major power and struggled to get up to 115km/h. Lost 6 positions.

That sounds like you ran out of fuel mate. The game won't let you run clean out and stop, but you'll suddenly have no power and wont get up much above 100kph. I know, coz I did it in China :tongue:

2 x practise sessions at Spa, 2 engine failures right at the end of the straight after eau rouge. Screen shuddered a bit for about 2-3 seconds and BANG! My 7th gear was obviously to short? I was using KERS and DRS of course, qualy practise runs. Good stuff! :rolleyes:

Ive been driving in the career mode and i just finished the Monaco GP. so far I havent had any failures neither did the AI.. i usually play on 30% race distance, there are no failures occurring because im not using 100% race distance or do i have to change something in the options? All the settings, i.e Damage simulation etc have been set to Full.

And also, how many have you had a safety car situation in career mode?

Ive been driving in the career mode and i just finished the Monaco GP. so far I havent had any failures neither did the AI.. i usually play on 30% race distance, there are no failures occurring because im not using 100% race distance or do i have to change something in the options?

And also, how many have you had a safety car situation in career mode?

I do 50% race weekends and get failures. You didn't have a safety car at Monaco?? You must not have Safety Car set to on?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back