Mechanical failure

"Mechanical Failure" is probably a catch all for several problems that might arise during a race, like suspension damage, engine failure etc. I have blown quite a number of engines in accidents, but I have never blown a transmission or rear axle/live axle. I know that looking at the information in motecadd you can see that the engine does take damage during a race, and if you aren't going crazy on your down/up shifts it won't affect your racing.

I did some test a while ago: it takes about a minutes worth of 3000C to destroy brakes currently in Race07.. Take some powerful car, drive the front againts a wall and start spinning tires. Start applying brakes slowly until the temprature is high enough for the brakes to fade, then gear up to 6th and push the brakes full on. Tires will pop first.. I've managed to get the brakes up to 5000C without failure.. Not very simulatory, if you ask me.. There's no material known to existence that can take 5000C without melting (tantalum hafnium carbide (Ta4HfC5), a refractory compound has a melting point of 4215 °C ) in atmospeheric pressures...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back