Mechanical Effects and Problems Mod

Hi Kartik,
So I tried your mod out on my Toro Rosso career in Valencia and indeed saw engine and gearbox get orangish gradually over time. I didn't see anything special on the temperature OSD, but I guess it only shows in the damage OSD, right?

Didn't have any gear probs or smoke coming out from the rear after 40-odd laps. I guess that means I've been a good boy with my car! :roflmao:

Got kers disabled for like 6-7 laps before I crashed. Made me 'curse' :rolleyes: some but I hope I'll get used to it, cuz so far your mod is a keeper! :D

That was on 1.0. I've just downloaded 2.0 and will try it out shortly.

Hey there and thanks for this mod!

I tried version 2.0 today and the only thing I can report is that the engine became a little orange while racing.

3im89j3unffg.jpg

Thanks for the Feedback guys. As per the feedback's If you Take care of your car then it was Going to the end with out any Engine smoke. and if you are using it harshly then you will have Smoke to welcome.
A New update will be released soon.:)

I was experimenting the Gearbox problems and i found the extreme Edge of that and here is the Video of it.
w1n1x you asked me about Loss of a Gear and it was also included in this.

I believe with the Some more Testing and Trail and error basis we can have the Real Gearbox effects.
That wasn't the lost of gear that was gearbox problem.I meant about losing a gear like you can upshift and for example there are no 6th gear.And i just don't understand the problem in this video you can downshift and upshift without problem or can you explain me what's the problem here?

I can't downshift or upshift with out a Problem. Once i have a Minor fault it was not allowing me to Shift right away and Holding it for some time when i'm On throttle. I shifted the gears Quickly in the Last when i'm off throttle only.
1. Overevving didn't allowed me to shift as i wanted. Run down to T1 from the launch it allowed me to go to 3rd and then 4th.
2.Then after T3 i got stucked again in 5th gear and from the start i Lost 1st gear.
I tried to check whether we can loose gears are not and it was working but due to Game it was also allowing to go down or up further. Like if you loose 6th Gear The game jumps from 5th to 7th. Loose 1st it will jump to Neutral from 2nd as in the Video.
Also the effect of Overevving at higher Values was Shown in the OSD.

I can't downshift or upshift with out a Problem. Once i have a Minor fault it was not allowing me to Shift right away and Holding it for some time when i'm On throttle. I shifted the gears Quickly in the Last when i'm off throttle only.
1. Overevving didn't allowed me to shift as i wanted. Run down to T1 from the launch it allowed me to go to 3rd and then 4th.
2.Then after T3 i got stucked again in 5th gear and from the start i Lost 1st gear.
I tried to check whether we can loose gears are not and it was working but due to Game it was also allowing to go down or up further. Like if you loose 6th Gear The game jumps from 5th to 7th. Loose 1st it will jump to Neutral from 2nd as in the Video.
Also the effect of Overevving at higher Values was Shown in the OSD.
Oh ok i get it one more thing.Can you do that you would stuck in a gear like 5 th and can't go down or up?

I finished my career season 1 valencia 100% race tonight, and this I can report (using v2.0):
This time, engine damage increased faster than gearbox dmg.
Starting on turn 30 or so, I started noticing a rickety-clickety noise. I didn't like the sound it. :D When I pitted on lap 45, I noticed I had engine smoke too. I didn't like the look of it either. :roflmao: The rickety-clickety noise went also more noticeable over time.

However, I didn't have any gear problems, and car performance seemed OK too.

Eventually, I got an engine damage alert pop up on the penultimate lap. Engine showed a light red, while gear box was a solid orange. I didn't notice any loss of performance but at that late stage of the race, I was a bit out of my wits! :rolleyes:

I recorded it all, will post it this w/e prolly in my career thread, if I have the time to edit it.

Bottom line: thanks Kartik for giving me something more to worry about, besides supercompetitive AI, tyre wear, unfair pens, rocketing late race drivers, younameit... And still, I like it a lot! Go figure... :thumbsup:

I open the raceload file and there i can disabled mechanicals failures! thank you so much, you are right about set everything in "0" (Only engine stuff)

Thank you :roflmao:

I have a question, this problems are only for the player's car or for all the cars? I mean if only my car has this problems or the computer's cars too. Thanks!

I have a question, this problems are only for the player's car or for all the cars? I mean if only my car has this problems or the computer's cars too. Thanks!
They will also get effected by problem but due to programming they can manage well.
I open the raceload file and there i can disabled mechanicals failures! thank you so much, you are right about set everything in "0" (Only engine stuff)

Thank you :roflmao:
Glad you got what you wanted :thumbsup:

hi,
thanks for this mod. sounds really great. that was something i really missed in f1 2012. the ai got problems like engine damage or gearbox damage (sometimes computer cars driving really slow on a straight because of gearbox damage) and the players car never got damage like that.

i have one further question. i only drive 25% races in career. will this gearbox or engine problems happen a bit earlier (for example 4 times earlier) than driving 100% races? or could you make a version for 25% where the "damage values" are increased? i just read the post of bbfred who drove 100% in valencia and got first problems at lap 30. in 25% i only drive about 15 laps, so do i ever get problems with 25%?

regards

hi,
thanks for this mod. sounds really great. that was something i really missed in f1 2012. the ai got problems like engine damage or gearbox damage (sometimes computer cars driving really slow on a straight because of gearbox damage) and the players car never got damage like that.

i have one further question. i only drive 25% races in career. will this gearbox or engine problems happen a bit earlier (for example 4 times earlier) than driving 100% races? or could you make a version for 25% where the "damage values" are increased? i just read the post of bbfred who drove 100% in valencia and got first problems at lap 30. in 25% i only drive about 15 laps, so do i ever get problems with 25%?

regards
I thought about this mate and when i get the Every aspect right i will try to do it for 25 and 50 % races. But it may take long time.

They will also get effected by problem but due to programming they can manage well.

Glad you got what you wanted :thumbsup:

ai cars problems could also be adjusted by altering the values in ai_choreographer.xml.

e.g. items like the followings:

<trigger name="Engine Problem Trigger" type="engine_problem" event_to_trigger="Engine Problem Event" priority="0" test_type="distance" max_events_per_session="5" max_events_per_vehicle="2" repeats_after_flashback="true" test_value="250" test_probability="0.01" trigger_seperation="2000.0" trigger_activation="5000.0" trigger_deactivation="350000" wear_maximum="1.0" wear_escalation_point="0.5" />

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back