Resource icon

Tracks Meadowdale Raceways 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
GutBomb submitted a new resource:

Meadowdale Raceways - Classic American track from 1958-1969

Welcome to Meadowdale Raceways, later known as Meadowdale International Raceway. This track was in operation from between 1958 to 1969 and with this conversion I've tried to capture how it looked early in it's life in the late 50s and early 60s. It features a large banked corner called the Monza Wall, some huge elevation changes, and lots of flowing corners. This track was built on the land of a farm outside of the Chicago suburbs.

The original track mod was created by @Dave...

Read more about this resource...

Wow! This is unexpected! Was just thinking about this track for the other day for some reason, so cool to see it here. Hopefully I can take some time to give it a go today and leave a review!

It's a big long list. RD doesn't allow me to send stuff. I'm not prime
If you take a screenshot by pressing win+shift+S you can draw a box around the error message and it will take a screenshot of it. then you can press ctrl+v into a reply here to paste a screenshot in.

1598048261525.png

like that!

I have a feeling I know what the crashing is. In Content Manager go to Settings->Custom Shaders Patch->General Patch Settings and then scroll down that screen until you see CPU Optimizations and see if Merge Meshes is checked. Lots of tracks crash with this setting turn on, and I just checked and mine is one of them. Disable that and you should be good.

It's not on. I had this problem with another guys track recently. I think we found out that there was a typo in the title. You probably know more that me about that. Ask the guy that made the Ottowa track. It finally worked.

Thanks for this track. Is the scale correct though? I feel like a dwarf when I race on it, like everything is scaled up too much. Also the road mesh is incredibly bumpy, so that could do with an update.

Thanks for this track. Is the scale correct though? I feel like a dwarf when I race on it, like everything is scaled up too much. Also the road mesh is incredibly bumpy, so that could do with an update.
It's a bit too big overall but the main problem is the track is nearly 50' wide which is likely way too wide. Circuits of that era were usually 30-40 feet wide. There was a more accurate rf1 project years ago based on lidar but I think that project is long abandoned.

EDIT: looking at a 1994 aerial where most of the track is still intact I measure roughly 30' wide in most parts of the track. This would make this one nearly 20' too wide all around.

Last edited:
It's a bit too big overall but the main problem is the track is nearly 50' wide which is likely way too wide. Circuits of that era were usually 30-40 feet wide. There was a more accurate rf1 project years ago based on lidar but I think that project is long abandoned.

EDIT: looking at a 1994 aerial where most of the track is still intact I measure roughly 30' wide in most parts of the track. This would make this one nearly 20' too wide all around.
Straights are 32' wide, curves 45' wide, and the Monza Wall 50' wide (about half is banking and the other half flat apron) leading onto the straight.

Source: p12 of "The Midwest Motorsport Legend Meadowdale Raceways" by Philip A. Aleo.

interesting track, but maybe it seems too wide. but in general it is interesting to compete on it, for those who know how to drift, there will probably be beauty in general. thanks to the author for the track.

Not sure if this fun little track is still being worked on, but I popped into it to test for a historic event in my league and have a few notes.

I was wondering if the jump on the pit straight was that severe? I've looked at historical footage on YouTube and couldn't find footage of the jump anywhere. I was driving the WSC/ACL De Tomaso Pantera and it was pulling my wheels in the air like the Dukes of Hazzard. I don't mind the jump at all, but if it's a stylistic choice, maybe the angle could be evened out a bit.

Turn One is obviously a hard braking zone (and a tricky one at that, with a bump in the middle) - so it's a bit of an issue that the wall on the banking of the left side is not smoothed out. Even slight contact with the wall will force the famous Assetto Corsa "pinching" bug, where the car will slightly clip through the wall and get flung into the air. This is probably the most pressing issue with the track - the lightest contact with this wall has flipped the car every time I've hit it. It likely needs a re-do to make it as smooth a curve as possible.

And, as others said, I noticed in the historical footage that the pit straight and S curves in Sector 1 and 2 are quite a bit thinner than this recreation. This would be a significant undertaking, but I think the value in getting this already quite good rendition to be as historically accurate as possible would be worth it.

Thanks for reading if indeed you still are, and thanks for this track - even if this is the final state, it's a great addition to my historic collection. Cheers.

Not sure if this fun little track is still being worked on, but I popped into it to test for a historic event in my league and have a few notes.

I was wondering if the jump on the pit straight was that severe? I've looked at historical footage on YouTube and couldn't find footage of the jump anywhere. I was driving the WSC/ACL De Tomaso Pantera and it was pulling my wheels in the air like the Dukes of Hazzard. I don't mind the jump at all, but if it's a stylistic choice, maybe the angle could be evened out a bit.

Turn One is obviously a hard braking zone (and a tricky one at that, with a bump in the middle) - so it's a bit of an issue that the wall on the banking of the left side is not smoothed out. Even slight contact with the wall will force the famous Assetto Corsa "pinching" bug, where the car will slightly clip through the wall and get flung into the air. This is probably the most pressing issue with the track - the lightest contact with this wall has flipped the car every time I've hit it. It likely needs a re-do to make it as smooth a curve as possible.

And, as others said, I noticed in the historical footage that the pit straight and S curves in Sector 1 and 2 are quite a bit thinner than this recreation. This would be a significant undertaking, but I think the value in getting this already quite good rendition to be as historically accurate as possible would be worth it.

Thanks for reading if indeed you still are, and thanks for this track - even if this is the final state, it's a great addition to my historic collection. Cheers.
It's not still being worked on. This track isn't supposed to be an accurate recreation of the classic track. It's meant to be a remaster of a fun mod track from nascar 2003. It's meant to be an over the top celebration of vintage racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.5%