• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU MCR 2000 @ Road Atlanta - Saturday 22 June 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Jun 16, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 22-06-19
  1. ephraem sudario

ephraem sudario
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry.had to bail. Had to deal with a leaking shower.

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,439
    I had a fun second half of the race, I just wish the first half was better (as it often is with me). I was quite thankful for Stephen Gibb's pitstop (unlike him), as it certainly helped to make the race more fun. Kept wishing for a second race, but I knew it wasn't coming. Though it has to be said that I ended up fairly high on the leaderboard, given the start of the race, but it was mostly due to quite a few people dropping out sadly.

Can't say I saw any noticeable tyre degradation, unlike some. In fact I set my fastest time on the penultimate lap. I guess that's one upside of being slow - you save money on tyres ;)

Apologies again for the punt, @Craig Dunkley. I know it wasn't really my fault and you lost control and I just couldn't respond fast enough, but I still feel bad whenever I hit someone who already was spinning.

Thanks for the race.

• Beer Beer x 2
  3. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager & Podcast Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,091
    Qualified 4th, decent considering that I did zero practice.

Technical issue with sound meant I had to reboot, I forgot to start Crew Chief and only realised once the formation lap had begun.

At the start pushed to hard, but was also conscious of the car on my left and spun. No bother, was still in contention and continued.

Making good progress and spun again! Damn.

Minor damage but had more pace than those in front of me, decided not to pit and was able to set my fastest lap towards the end of the race.

Finished 3rd, people did leave and 1 or more two laps would have had 2nd.

Enjoyed the race, some good clean racing.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,465
    It is fine Martin, I am just very glad that I never took you out ...I lost her totally and regrettably you was behind me and had nowhere to go. I only done a couple of laps after the monster slide, my tires were ruined. I could have done a tire change and carried on, but felt like :poop: so retired. I hope you had a good one :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.