rF2 MCR 2000 @ Oulton Park - Sat 13 July 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hi Stephen. Would like to pop my rf2 cherry with this race please :)

A couple of questions:
- How do I get my tire info like "protyres" app in AC? When I was on the practice server I couldn't see any tire info at all. Angel tried to tell me to hit "6" and turn in "LCD" but that doesn't seem to work for me?
- Is there a "car radar" app like for AC?

You have two choices realty Robert ..."simhub" which has some good "overlays" they also have a radar ..but you have to run in windowed mode, to use overlays.

The other choice is search "hub" in "Steam workshop"..there are plenty of "huds" even for VR.

Oh and good luck with RF2 :thumbsup:

[QUOTE = "Craig Dunkley, post: 3005956, miembro: 296935"]
  • El idioma principal en RaceDepartment es el inglés. Otros idiomas están permitidos solo en mensajes privados y de perfil.:pulgares hacia arriba:
[/CITAR]

Quiero participar Será mi primera vez.

@Stephen Gibb Interested to know this to please, being a rf2 newbie 'n all:)

EDIT: Sorry, just seen @Craig Dunkley Craig's answer, saw the word 'overlays', think I'll stick with Jim, my sweary ****ing crewchief:laugh:

John if you donate to simhub, resources to run overlays is not to bad, alright you will also lose some by just using windowed mode, but I have often done it with 30+ drivers on the track.

There are many "huds" to choose from in steam workshop, which us very few extra FPS.

John if you donate to simhub, resources to run overlays is not to bad, alright you will also lose some by just using windowed mode, but I have often done it with 30+ drivers on the track.

There are many "huds" to choose from in steam workshop, which us very few extra FPS.

How does that work in VR? I don't have a screen infront of my rig even.

Right now I'd just be happy knowing how my tires are working so I can make basic tire pressure adjustments. I just did laps bone stock and have no clue what's happening to the tires.

Last edited:
John if you donate to simhub, resources to run overlays is not to bad
If anything, performance might be slightly worse with donator version of SimHub, because you're able to run the dashboards on up to 60 Hz instead of the 10 Hz of the free edition. There's no other difference in performance between the two versions.

Input lag and microstutter in windowed mode are much bigger concerns.

I'm in, thanks!
Michael

In please Stephen :thumbsup:

Great car 'n track combo - Oulton Park, proper no-chicane version:inlove::inlove:

Hi Stephen. Would like to pop my rf2 cherry with this race please :)

I would like to sign in.

In please!

sig me up
All added to the grid gents :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sorry I've been a bit late in updating the list meant to do it last night but fell asleep quite early.

- How do I get my tire info like "protyres" app in AC? When I was on the practice server I couldn't see any tire info at all. Angel tried to tell me to hit "6" and turn in "LCD" but that doesn't seem to work for me?
If you go into settings and under Display then bind a button on your wheel to LCD Mode this will then allow you to cycle through tyre pressure, race info, timings etc.
I use the following HUD in VR if you look through it there are several VR huds I think it's the Light version I use.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1126218272&searchtext=hud
Right now I'd just be happy knowing how my tires are working so I can make basic tire pressure adjustments. I just did laps bone stock and have no clue what's happening to the tires.
Really with tire pressures in rf2 if you stick them as low as they can go that will normaly give you the best results.

Sorry guys but I have to go out tonight at short notice but hopefully I'll be back in time the 2nd race.
@Craig Dunkley has kindly agreed to host to tonight's event, thanks mate :thumbsup:.
Enjoy your two races guys and hopefully I'll catch you all in the 2nd race.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing