rF2 MCR 2000 @ Donington Park - Thu 11Apr2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sign me in please!
thanks!

View attachment 299891
Who can join?
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, as well as on Teamspeak, in game (rF2) and on your forum profile (click here).

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and TeamSpeak Password: click here
TeamSpeak Installation Guide: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MCR2000
Cars: MCR Sports 2000 - The car can be bought on it's own, or as part of a pack from the rFactor2 store page on Steam.
Track: Donington Park Circuit 2019 (Steam / Download) - National layout

Fixed Setups: No (Setups can be shared)
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting

Schedule: (EU) Thursay 11 April 2019
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (10 minutes private qualifying)
Warm Up: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (30 minutes)

Warm Up: 20:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 UTC (30 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Craig Dunkley
  2. Stephen Gibb
  3. Victor Jimenez
  4. Redvaliant
  5. Pauli Ahonen
  6. Steve Le Gallez
  7. MapoUK
  8. Calvyn White
  9. Gasper Zupan
  10. RainhamIron
  11. s1wyn2001
  12. max1966i
  13. Marco Antonio Rodriguez
  14. stubs66
  15. Christian.ca
  16. johndough247
  17. Fushida
  18. Otune
  19. elpolan
  20. Ramón Clemente
  21. Antmerino
  22. MoerasGrizzly
  23. Hans Dahlgren
  24. Denis Betty
  25. Martin Fiala
  26. Juan Roguez
  27. Dave Stephenson
  28. Luka Berk
  29. Jack Smith - pending Steam login solution.
  30. Paulo Ribeiro
  31. Free slot
  32. Free slot
  33. Free slot
  34. Free slot
utp: #37

SERVER IS UP!

Game crashed again returning to garage after my first run. Not going to reload again. Sorry, I just don't have the patience for it atm, it's been a trying enough day already.

gl and hf gents

Sorry mates, I had several gMOTOR 2 errors when trying to return to box once on track. First time it happens to me. Surprisingly I tried both offlline and online today with no problems. I will look into that.
Thank you very much for hosting this.

First class combination and all in all probably one of my most consistent races. Sorry to bail on the second race but external pressures, SWMBO, demanded my attention. Many thanks for organising this Denis and Craig.

The freezing and error messages looked to have spoiled a great night and although I didn't post a decent quali, only one flying lap on cold tyres, the race went well. More slow and steady, around my 'real' quali pace but it worked out.

Anyway I'm looking for some help. I can't seem to get heat in to my tyres at all. I guess I'm not pushing hard enough but there is the risk/reward spiral. Firstly I can't seem to adjust the set up to help and as it doesn't do much good I don't know where I am going wrong. I could do with a fast set up to compare to the default and test to see whether it helps me. Can anybody in the top set help me out? I guess I need to eliminate set up as an excuse.

Craig posted this one in a PM. Trouble is, he posted it before the event started, so I'm not 100% sure it's the same message we were getting?
uCaywu2.png

It's pretty similar, I think that's the one.

Craig posted this one in a PM. Trouble is, he posted it before the event started, so I'm not 100% sure it's the same message we were getting?
uCaywu2.png

It's pretty similar, I think that's the one.
unsubscribe and reboot steam, automatically redownload, you can also delete the car folder in the root of the rfactor / intalled / vehicle / delete the car folder

First class combination and all in all probably one of my most consistent races. Sorry to bail on the second race but external pressures, SWMBO, demanded my attention. Many thanks for organising this Denis and Craig.

The freezing and error messages looked to have spoiled a great night and although I didn't post a decent quali, only one flying lap on cold tyres, the race went well. More slow and steady, around my 'real' quali pace but it worked out.

Anyway I'm looking for some help. I can't seem to get heat in to my tyres at all. I guess I'm not pushing hard enough but there is the risk/reward spiral. Firstly I can't seem to adjust the set up to help and as it doesn't do much good I don't know where I am going wrong. I could do with a fast set up to compare to the default and test to see whether it helps me. Can anybody in the top set help me out? I guess I need to eliminate set up as an excuse.
If you're looking for more tyre temp, you could try a combination of things. Such as lower tyre pressures, more negative camber, and a bit more toe (athough if I remember correctly I think the default already has a fair amount of toe). The first of these probably has the most influence though.

Otherwise as you already pointed out, you could try pushing a bit more if possible. If the tyres start to slip, you'll see the temps shoot up pretty rapidly, although of course they'll also wear out quicker this way.

You're welcome Andy, and the car is a blast round here :)
You're damn right btw, it was :D.
In terms of close, clean racing, that was one of the best races I've ever had with RD! There were quite a few occasions where I was going side by side through quick corners (once at full pelt around the Old Hairpin two abreast!! :confused::poop:), but it was always clean with (just!) enough racing room given. I've been in plenty of races where these battles would have ended in tears at some point :whistling:;)
Thanks @Marco Antonio Rodriguez , @Christian.ca , @elpolan for the awesome battles :thumbsup:

I could not make a qualy in good conditions, my first race was a disaster, but the second was much better. Here the video of the second race.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years