• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU MCR 2000 @ Donington Park - Thu 11Apr2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Apr 4, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 11-04-19
  1. machadotiago2

machadotiago2
    Tiago Machado Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Sign me in please!
    thanks!

2. MapoUK

MapoUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    Sorry, but despite trying very hard to, I'm not going to be able to make it tonight!

Work gets in the way yet again :(

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,382
    Game crashed again returning to garage after my first run. Not going to reload again. Sorry, I just don't have the patience for it atm, it's been a trying enough day already.

gl and hf gents

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Fushida

Fushida
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Sorry mates, I had several gMOTOR 2 errors when trying to return to box once on track. First time it happens to me. Surprisingly I tried both offlline and online today with no problems. I will look into that.
    Thank you very much for hosting this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Victor Jimenez

Victor Jimenez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +271

• Beer Beer x 4
  6. MoerasGrizzly

MoerasGrizzly
    Premium

Ratings:
    +584
    That was a great car/track combo. Race 1 was great for me, Race 2 I couldn't keep it consistent at all, was spinning all over the place.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Juan Roguez

Juan Roguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +130
    :);):thumbsup:,

good race,:);) in the first race I subviro the car and I went long, I do not know who was, I'm sorry, I let pass but many comrades came and I do not know if it was correct:(

• Like Like x 1
  8. max1966i

max1966i
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    First class combination and all in all probably one of my most consistent races. Sorry to bail on the second race but external pressures, SWMBO, demanded my attention. Many thanks for organising this Denis and Craig.

The freezing and error messages looked to have spoiled a great night and although I didn't post a decent quali, only one flying lap on cold tyres, the race went well. More slow and steady, around my 'real' quali pace but it worked out.

Anyway I'm looking for some help. I can't seem to get heat in to my tyres at all. I guess I'm not pushing hard enough but there is the risk/reward spiral. Firstly I can't seem to adjust the set up to help and as it doesn't do much good I don't know where I am going wrong. I could do with a fast set up to compare to the default and test to see whether it helps me. Can anybody in the top set help me out? I guess I need to eliminate set up as an excuse.

9. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,382
    did anyone who had an actual error message happen to grab a screeny?

10. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,844
    Craig posted this one in a PM. Trouble is, he posted it before the event started, so I'm not 100% sure it's the same message we were getting?
    [​IMG]

It's pretty similar, I think that's the one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Juan Roguez

Juan Roguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +130
    unsubscribe and reboot steam, automatically redownload, you can also delete the car folder in the root of the rfactor / intalled / vehicle / delete the car folder

12. Juan Roguez

Juan Roguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +130
    it was very fun the battles I had with GRAB_027.JPG GRAB_028.JPG

good grill,I'm sorry Cristián Carola GRAB_024.JPG GRAB_025.JPG GRAB_026.JPG

• Love Love x 2
  13. RainhamIron

RainhamIron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    If you're looking for more tyre temp, you could try a combination of things. Such as lower tyre pressures, more negative camber, and a bit more toe (athough if I remember correctly I think the default already has a fair amount of toe). The first of these probably has the most influence though.

Otherwise as you already pointed out, you could try pushing a bit more if possible. If the tyres start to slip, you'll see the temps shoot up pretty rapidly, although of course they'll also wear out quicker this way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Victor Jimenez

Victor Jimenez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +271
    I had the same error yesterday but I accepted it and it was still working and connected to the server.

• Like Like x 1
  15. max1966i

max1966i
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Andy, thanks they are pretty much the changes I had made. Back to pushing harder cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RainhamIron

RainhamIron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    You're damn right btw, it was :D.
    In terms of close, clean racing, that was one of the best races I've ever had with RD! There were quite a few occasions where I was going side by side through quick corners (once at full pelt around the Old Hairpin two abreast!! :confused::poop:), but it was always clean with (just!) enough racing room given. I've been in plenty of races where these battles would have ended in tears at some point :whistling:;)
    Thanks @Marco Antonio Rodriguez , @Christian.ca , @elpolan for the awesome battles :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,334
    It is the same message I got a few times, yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Antmerino

Antmerino
    racingclub.es, 900grados.es Premium

Ratings:
    +198
    I could not make a qualy in good conditions, my first race was a disaster, but the second was much better. Here the video of the second race.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Juan Roguez

Juan Roguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +130
    Antmerino one more lap and I think you would have finished me ahead, good race:);):thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.