McLaren's Lando Norris

Kek700

2000RPM
Premium
Mar 26, 2016
Why does someone in the free world have to apologise for stating the exact truth about Hamilton success, then have to publicly apologise for, well telling the truth.:O_o:

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Mar 27, 2011
When did he apologies? :confused:
If that is true, I see it as much bigger issue, since that “apology” is related to stating his own opinion. I thought everyone have the right to own opinion.

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
"After the race on Sunday, Norris was asked what he made of Hamilton breaking Michael Schumacher's all-time record of wins.

"I'm just happy for him, nothing more," the Briton replied. "It doesn't mean anything to me, really. He's in a car which should win every race, basically.

"He has to beat one or two other drivers, that's it. Fair play to him, he's still doing the job he has to do."

-

Fair comments, imo, and certainly not something that should require an apology :rolleyes:

Terry Rock

2000RPM
Oct 24, 2009
If that is all Lando said, then no apology is necessary.
Sir Jackie Stewart on the other hand...does need to apologize.
His recent remarks were disappointing at best.
I'd always viewed him in very high regard as a kid.
His statement smacked of jealousy and envy.
There seems to be no shortage of past British driver silently 'stewing' at Hamilton's success.
Like him or not, he is the most successful British driver of all time.
None of the others come remotely close.
He has a good car because he earned the right to drive a good car...just like every other WDC before himself.
He earns a 'king's ransom' just like most other WDC and because his success put Mercedes Benz and their partner's products at the forefront of sales.

Reactions: Turk and Jim Layee

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
Why does someone in the free world have to apologise for stating the exact truth about Hamilton success, then have to publicly apologise for, well telling the truth.:O_o:
He is a athlete so that means he has to be a puppet and say what he is told to. It is what is best for the brand of the team and sponsors. The Media are the same. Its all about the brand image and what is PC.

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
"After the race on Sunday, Norris was asked what he made of Hamilton breaking Michael Schumacher's all-time record of wins.

"I'm just happy for him, nothing more," the Briton replied. "It doesn't mean anything to me, really. He's in a car which should win every race, basically.

"He has to beat one or two other drivers, that's it. Fair play to him, he's still doing the job he has to do."

-

Fair comments, imo, and certainly not something that should require an apology :rolleyes:
Lando has to be careful what he says about Hamilton as he will be labeled a racist. Given the cars and people around him he is destined for success.

paracletus

1000RPM
Dec 6, 2013
Correct like it or not, that's the way it is. It's nothing new - highly paid sportsmen have to watch their Ps and Qs I'm afraid, snowflakes or not.

Kindly

100RPM
May 20, 2020
The truth is Hamilton has done quite well ever since moving to Mercedes which at the time was seen as a risk. He doesn't get enough credit for joining a 5th place team.

Right now it would be akin to Norris joining AlphaTauri who are a 7th place team and finishing 5th in the drivers championship for 6 out of 8 years.

Ruttman98

250RPM
Premium
May 8, 2019
Imagine how many WC's Dan would have in a great car?

Woah!
If you are talking about Dan Gurney--the number of WDCs would have been MORE than seven in cars that steamrolled the competition.

I am a Daniel Ricciardo fan and love his doggedness and late braking ability, but I would not predict dominance at a Schumacher or HAM level for him even in their respective eras and teams.

While I felt Daniel was a natural for Ferrari given his Italian heritage, I am thankful to see the Aussie in papaya given Maranello's struggle with power and chassis predictability coupled with all too common race strategy blunders.

Turk

1000RPM
Jul 29, 2011
When did he apologies? :confused:
If that is true, I see it as much bigger issue, since that “apology” is related to stating his own opinion. I thought everyone have the right to own opinion.
Yes, everyone has the right to their own opinion. They just don't have the right for everyone to like their opinion and shut up. When you make a public statement you will come under public scrutiny, that's always been true, snowflakes or no snowflakes. The only difference now is that those opinions and counter opinions get shoved in everyone's faces now, well, I say shoved, but the fact is you have to go looking for them by going on social media.

I would love to see more of this from F1 drivers. More pot shots, slagging and general banter. It creates a bit of drama off track, it's the shareholders that only care about profits that don't like drama.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
This is the world we live in. No matter what your opinion is or how you state it, someone, somewhere, will get all offended and take you to task for it. Happens every single day on these very forums, on every other forum out there, and all over social media. It's only highlighted in this case because the person is famous.

Yes, everyone has the right to their own opinion.
Athletes who are highly paid by teams and sponsors do not. They should of course, but they don't. That's why most F1 drivers sounds like corporate robots when interviewed, with no personality and never saying anything remotely interesting or controversial. They all tow the line because they're paid to tow the line, and if they don't they risk losing their highly paid job.

Give me the old days when F1 driver had the balls to speak their minds, jobs be damned.

Reactions: MGD1