Resource icon

Skins McLaren Vodafone Chrome 1.0

maranello78 submitted a new resource:

McLaren Vodafone Chrome - still chrome effects have some bugs

previe11.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Si

Liverpool
I found this skin months ago, and it worked nicely, however have not used it for months.

think the multiple patches must have 'altered' how it works.

it did look really good!

mclarenf1papa

Premium
USA
The old way that this used was a "normals hack". Which due to the shader, made it look like chrome. But they changed the shader and now that effect no longer is possible ;)

All i learned was from Craig6996 and Bayley, and it was changing flatnm.dds, anyway maybe with the new updates this effect is no longer possible (i don´t know for sure) and if you use this effect maybe you can experiment some bugs. There´s more info on Assetto Corsa official forum and read about Bayley skin guide.
Thank you all

mclarenf1papa

Premium
USA
All i learned was from Craig6996 and Bayley, and it was changing flatnm.dds, anyway maybe with the new updates this effect is no longer possible (i don´t know for sure) and if you use this effect maybe you can experiment some bugs. There´s more info on Assetto Corsa official forum and read about Bayley skin guide.
Thank you all
Bailey and I first discovered the "hack". But at some point they changed the shader and now it is no longer possible.