McLaren to have a Honda engine in 2014??

Ive heard that Honda is considering a return as engine supplier. With Mercedes offering their best to Mercedes GP a move from McLaren to Honda would'nt be that strange. They have a great history together :)

The world is turning to turbos so they can replace there 2.0L n/as with 1.4 turbos and make the same power and save fuel, i think there will be plenty of manufacturers intrested in this, but i hope to god they increase the RPM to 19k or so with less displacement you need more RPM for a decent sounding engine pushed to its boundary for the sake of technology.

yeah i know, but considering the engine is considerably smaller and lower revs its still going to sound rubbish.

it will end up sounding more like a motorbike engine.

I hope after a year of having it they relise it needs more revs.

I think you are all missing 1 big thing here. There is a also the fact that Mclaren has made there own racing v8 for there road car for the GT stuff they have also said they will make a v6 but when asked if they would use these engines in f1 they said no comment

needed a bit more revs imo, but if they had left the regs to 3.5L till like the mid 2000s then i think we probably could of heard the best engine sound ever to come from an engine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back