F1 2010 McLaren Time Trial monopoly

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Does anyone know why McLaren's fill up the top of almost every time trial leaderboard (as far as I've noticed)? Are they really that much faster than Red Bulls and Ferraris? I haven't had a chance to test different cars in TT, so I've been using McLarens like everybody else, assuming it to be the best - but maybe that's all everyone else is doing. I'd love to hear from someone who's comprehensively tested more than one car in TT. :cool:

I have the same impression. Of course one car should be the fastest eventually and maybe Codemasters thought at the time when they made the game that the McLaren drivers would be the fastest in the end.

For time trials it would have been nicer if all cars had equal physics so every driver can pick the car of their favorite team.

Maybe people are just lazy. The McLaren pops up as the default car on the team selection screen, so many people might just hinter "enter" or '"x" instead of taking the time to choose another car. Or they assume that the McLaren is best because it's the first team that shows up (after all, the list is roughly sorted by performance).

Could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Many McLarens on top (for the aforementioned reasons) means more people choose McLaren for their hot laps.

I'm far from the fastest, but I only take one thing into consideration, the engine sound. And I can say I absolutely HATE the Ferrari engine sound. Love the Mercedes, so I try to use only the cars with the Mercedes engines. =P

I think the McLaren has a small amount more top speed than the Red Bull and Ferrari. Red Bull is more stable mid corner though, easier to drive.
The only advantage of the Ferrari I've noticed is that it has sharper turn in.. I'm not sure how to explain it in english, but try and you will notice than you will be able to turn more effective in low speed where downforce dont play a big part.

I really like the Renault's handling, but compared to the three top teams you cant really compete effectively with it speed wise.

At least thats' how I felt the cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 324 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years