McLaren summoned for FIA hearing

I see no ones posted this yet so:

McLaren face the threat of serious sanctions after being summoned to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Paris on April 29.
The team are deemed to be in breach of the FIA's International Sporting Code relating to the recent 'lie-gate' saga surrounding world champion Lewis Hamilton's exclusion from the Australian Grand Prix.
It is the third time McLaren have been hauled before the WMSC in less than two years, with the last hearing resulting in the Woking-based team being handed a sporting record £49.2million fine following the 'spy-gate' furore.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5158709,00.html

It's like a murder case!

Since when do motorsports have to go to court for a car overtaking another car on track and a bit of lieing ? it's pretty dumb really...

I find it funny that even though McClaren and its drivers have been caught lying to the public, FIA, Stewards, Sponsors, some people still want to drag Ferrari into it.
Lewy, Huey and Duey messed up, they must face what comes their way.
To McClaren fans, you're team lied (not Ferrari). The fact that Trulli overtook him now has nothing to do with this. Lewy and his sidekicks still argued the point even after they where told the stewarts listened to their conversation (some time after the race).

Your team, again, messed up.

(and the can of worms is open) :)

Their own silly faults. Not Ferrari bias, just McLaren stupidity.

On Ferrari bias, the three big occasions Schumacher was, 'controversial', shall we say (Monaco, Jerez, Adelaide), the two he got penalised for were when he was with Ferrari. The more serious one (IMO) went unpunished. And he was at Benetton. Just something to consider.

the_fia.jpg

the hearing is one step too far and one thing most fans of the sport do not want to see happen.

Fact - McLaren told a porkie pie

Fact - McLaren had their driver DSQ'd as a result of it

Why do we need to go further for such a small item? The technology from last year was one thing, this just seems so trivial.

Mountain and mole hill both spring to mind when I think on this story.

The entire issue is now about the fact that they kept lying to the stewards.
The overtaking and everything is now in the past. How lightly can you take it when you play the idiots a recording of them saying "let him past again", yet you still say to the stewards "We did not say that". Thats where the issue is.
He is the current F1 champion, i think it would be worse for the sport if they just let it go unpunished. What kind of example will that set to the rest

thing is they have been punished, now they (McLaren) are just looking stupid. no need for the FIA to go further, no one else will risk DSQ from a GP going forward i'm sure.

i still think this is very much a case of the FIA flexing its muscles as, lets me honest, they made a decision with out viewing the full evidence available which could have led to this being sorted out a lot cleaner behind closed doors. McLaren didn't present the comms initially, nothing stopped the stewards from asking to hear it... did it? :)

I'm with Craig on this one.

The stewards could have done a better job investigating the incident initially, but prolly for the sake of expediency they did not. They chose to simply ask Hamilton if he let Trulli by and according to the FIA site LH 'insisted' he did not do so. Can anyone really blame the stewards for thinking that McLaren or Hamilton would be lying to them considering that the radio transmissions were available?

Resulting in the wrong driver getting punished unfairly and made the FIA to be looking pretty stupid afterwards.

Just excluding McLaren/Hamilton from the results for that race is not even a slap on the wrist.

nah! i think we'll have to agree to disagree here :)

we've hardly started the season here. i hope its no more than a suspended penalty over McLarens head at the end of this purely for the good of the sport. we want to see racing!

and lets hope the stewards get a kick up the backside too - too many race decisions being made off the track just now. it think we can all agree on this one :)

before i sign off though, its great seeing both mclaren and ferrari suffering this year - loving seeing rosberg with a competitive car! :D

• Andrew Evans

welp, bernie now talking about possible suspensions.... ho ho ho!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%