FM7 McLaren Senna Headlines Forza Motorsport 7 April Update

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza 7 McLaren Senna.png

Forza Motorsport 7 has been updated - now includes the epic McLaren Senna.

The new update for Forza Motorsport 7 is here, and hot on the heels of the major March update release, the latest build of the game certainly looks set to please the vast majority of FM7 players. New for the April update includes the much anticipated Forza Race Regulations feature - an initiative developed by Turn 10 Studios and soft launched last month, the April update adds many improvements and new options over the first roll out of the feature.

With the April update, FRR will see several improvements from what was playable in March. Along with updated and improved UI, penalties will now affect a player’s final race results on the post-race leaderboard. Note that, as of the April update, a player’s final position on the leaderboard in an FRR-enabled hopper will not affect their grid placement at the start of the next race. Look for that to come in a future FRR update.

Among the UI updates to Forza Race Regulations, players will notice that we have removed the “Under Investigation” language and provided a better understanding of when a penalty has been applied or not after leaving the track. In the post-race screen, the number of penalties each player has received is now noted, as well as the total penalty time. Because penalties will now affect final race positions, the leaderboard will also show positions changed due to penalty time in the post-race leaderboard screen.

In addition to the player facing updates to FRR above, Turn 10 continues to make behind-the-scenes improvements to the system. Notable for April is the ability to make lobby rule-set configurable on the server side, instead of requiring a full update. This change will allow the team to be nimbler in setting up FRR lobby rules in the future as we continue to test and develop the FRR feature set.
The FRR update isn't the only thing that comes into play with the latest build. For this month, the Forza Spotlight Car will be none other than the mighty McLaren Senna. Incredible performance matched up to an iconic motorsport name, the Senna is one of the most ambitious and impressive creations from a brand that continue to produce outstanding performance supercars for the road and track.

Added to the title as a free piece of content, the Senna is quite possibly one of the quickest road legal cars within Forza Motorsport 7 to date, and should present quite the challenge for players of the game.

Other highlights from the new build include audio improvements (much needed!) and the unlocking of previously exclusive car content.

Update Notes:

General
  • Fixed an issue where the Logitech G920 wheel would pull left when the center spring and damper settings were set to 0.
  • Fixed an issue with the Logitech G920 wheel where the wheel would rotate and lock to full left during the “3-2-1” race countdown sequence.
  • Fixed an issue where players would encounter “soft lock” after completing an Autocross Rivals event and then attempt to continue past the event result screen.
  • Fixed an issue where leaderboard times from Class-based Rivals events were pulling data from non-Rivals event leaderboards, thus projecting inaccurate ghost car laps for players.
  • Added a “Don’t Show Message Again” option for the car-specific wheel tuning tutorial flyout.
  • Removed duplicate cars from appearing in Replays when racing against no Drivatars in Free Play.
Tracks
  • Fixed an issue on Rio reverse ribbons where invisible collision would cause player to crash when driving close or rubbing against the barrier.
  • Fixed an issue on Daytona where part of the track environment is missing when in tuning and upgrade menus.
  • Fixed an issue where dirty lap indicator would not show on the mini scoreboard in the Public Multiplayer Open Track Day Meetup hopper.
  • Fixed an issue where Brands Hatch pit exit would jostle the player’s car upon exiting and before player gained control of vehicle.
Forza Race Regulations
  • With the Public Beta hopper (coming soon in Forza Motorsport 7) players’ accrued FRR penalties will now affect their final race placement in a race. (Note that these FRR penalties will not affect a player’s starting grid position in the subsequent race. This functionality will appear in a future FRR update).
Audio
  • We have made several audio improvements with the April 2019 update based on community feedback. Some highlights:
    • Reworked some V12 engine audio files
    • Individual engine audio updates for several other cars to fix bugs or use new source material, including for the Mazda 2-rotor engines, as well as various Porsche and Nissan engine updates.

Forza Motorsport 7 is available for Xbox One and W10 PC now.

Check out the Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions around this popular racing title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Interesting, a friend went on and on and on about Forza being so great these days... I spent hours on Forza 3 and Forza 4 on console.
Having tried it a second time on my PC rig, well.... lets just say it got uninstalled before you could 'dot' an I.
The feel doesn't compare to iRacing or Assetto Corsa, hands down.

Interesting, a friend went on and on and on about Forza being so great these days... I spent hours on Forza 3 and Forza 4 on console.
Having tried it a second time on my PC rig, well.... lets just say it got uninstalled before you could 'dot' an I.
The feel doesn't compare to iRacing or Assetto Corsa, hands down.

It is not a simulator...
Those forza are just eye candy game for joystick lover

Honestly I love the game. But I am big on graphics and can accept a lot less of real simulation for realistic graphics, which this has. My biggest problem is I have a Acer 21:9 ultra-wide monitor 34" and although in race it is supported, the replays and UI are not and I have black bars on each side. I love making sim racing screenshots for my screensavers, but the black bars ruin it. I have contacted Microsoft game support and posted on forums to no avail. I still enjoy the game, but really really would enjoy replays more if 21:9 was fully supported.

It is clear that the sensation is different compared to a simulation game, but it remains a very good car game and it is not an arcade game, not at all. Strong point and the graphic quality of this title and the extraordinary number of cars. But on console it remains a little slow in the menus, even with an Xbox one x. And it's true that playing with the steering wheel is not a good idea, I had bought the ThrustMaster to play this game, but it's unplayable. I love this game too, I like the fact of being able to make paintings in a 4k resolution

I have yet to turn the game on since the Update installed. Once I get the wheel set up and calibrated, the last thing I want to play is Forza. And when I considered playing Forza. I look at my library and can come up with other, more interesting games to play.

Out of some interest I watched the April Forza Monthly and wondered what they had planned with the Race Regulations, which I find to be a more compelling reason to turn the game on. But all they are penalizing at is corner cutting. Not ramming, driving the wrong way or other poor sportsman activities in FM7. And they are planning on simply ghosting back markers. Not having the leaders use skill to pass them, and the lapped being told to yield to the faster cars... Nope! Just do what they do in real motorsports, and ghost the slower cars. Awesome! Seems like I'm about to free up some hard drive space.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 132 13.8%