Mclaren P1

Here are the specs for the big three, Mclaren, Ferrari and Porsche.

Code:
Categories            Mclaren P1          LaFerrari          918 Spyder

Total power           903                 950                875

0-62mph               <3s                 <3s                2.8s

0-124mph              <7s                 <7s                7.9s

0-186mph              <17s                <15s               23s

Top speed             217mph lim.         219mph+            211mph

Weight                1395kg              1255kg est.        1640kg

Aerodynamical, Mechanical grip is missing and braking abilities.

The 0-186 is quite interesting, the Ferrari seems to take of into another dimension there.
Perhaps it´s an extremely slippery car that has some downforce elements whereas the P1 seems to be downforce first then see what you can do about the drag bit (like the DRS)

With the 918 only being 4 seconds faster then the GT2RS it makes you wonder where all that extra power went.
It should be very interesting to see real life comparisons of these cars in the not so near future.

It´s just a guess but i think the P1 will destroy the other two around a track.

Interesting how the LaFerrari is 140kg lighter from P1. But I still hope that P1 will be more track oriented car whereas LaFerrari more road car oriented and that P1's suspension will do its magic.

Jay Leno named 12C "a wife's car" after trying the P1. :D

Yea saw that video :)
Nice to have a rich guy that takes care of so many cars we all love.

Some more rumors, could be true but probably false.

By the way, I don't think I mentioned this earlier here, but I was told by someone in close contact with the lead engineer on the LaF project that there is a "big problem with the car."
-
From what I've heard by engineers in the know is that it hasn't passed its crash testing!! So in the end it might just have to gain some more weight
-
That must be what it is because it concerned all the CF guys.
-
The lead carbon composites engineer on the McLaren F1 road car project didn't even attend the barrier test at MIRA because he was so confident there wouldn't be a problem. In the end it was the first car ever to be able to be driven away from the wall after impact.

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-p1-f1/167-mclaren-p1-mega-mac-f1-successor-269.html

And from Ferrarichat.com
Ferrari have not made any major presentations to the public of LaFerrari since the Geneva Auto Show. The word I heard in Maranello is that it won't be shown again this time until it is 100% ready and achieves the performance and weight targets it already announced. That will be in March next year at the earliest and still much work to do to achieve those estimate figures. Hopefully they will reach them.

Last edited:
So, Porsche 918 Spyder (limited edition, track oriented Weissach Package model) did it in 6m 57s in the end. :confused: GTR fanboys are crying in corner. :roflmao: Now, my hopes are even higher in P1.

Last edited:
So, another internet lap times today, again. It supposedly did it in 6:47 and another source even claims 6:39. This is getting too far. Can't wait really for the official time so we don't have to speculate and wait forever. They are driving tommorow too.

This is serious, full attack:

Everything a guy needs - closed track and P1! :x3:

Just a thought. Alonso did 1:20 with LaFerrari at Fiorano and 599XX (on slicks?) did 1:15 there. It doesn't look too good when 599XX set 6:58 at Nordschleife which is hell of a bumpy track.

McLaren is expected to reveal P1's lap time next Tuesday, hopefully. There is also rumour that Porsche wants to improve their lap time as they have made some updates to the car. This doesn't look good for LaFerrari and I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't reveal their lap time at all. They will sell all of them anyway...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing