McLaren P1 Chassis 220-239

Skins McLaren P1 Chassis 220-239 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
skell15 submitted a new resource:

McLaren P1 Chassis 220-239 - Real-world recreations of the McLaren P1 chassis

This pack contains my personal favorite P1, #232. There isn't anything visually special about this car but it is the one I had the opportunity to thrash around a racetrack for two days (helmet-cam footage for those that are interested:
).

View attachment 313259

Additionally, the Tarocco Orange #227 is quite unique as is the wrap placed on #236 by the music producer Deadmau5 during the time he owned it.

View attachment 313257...

Read more about this resource...

skell15, can you actually compare driving the P1 in RL to in AC, or is it a complete farce in AC?
AC isn't terribly far off but the main issue I have with the P1, La Ferrari and 918 are the braking distances. In my experience with those cars (and a lot of other exotics) on the track I don't feel like I have to brake nearly as early as I would in AC and I think that is related to the tire model for street tires. I've never really felt that the street tire models in sims for any road car do the cars justice but perhaps I'm just overdriving them in the sim. I think there is a bigger disparity between real-world performance street tires and what is represented in the sims.

I think people would be surprised at how aggressive you can be with cars like the GT3RS, Ford GT, McLarens, Ferraris, etc. in the real world when they have a decent set of tires on them but I don't feel that the sim programs accurately represent that. The street tires feel like something off of an Audi A3 designed to last 50,000 miles.

Aside from that it's quite close. The P1, La Ferrari and 918 are properly fast. I roadrace motorcycles and those cars are the only cars I've driven that come close to the acceleration of a proper racebike and you can feel that in the sim without a doubt.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%