McLaren MP4-13

Cars McLaren MP4-13 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Thread starter Deleted member 28995
  • Start date
Key word is TEAM. When you donate, you're donating the TEAM, not this specific mod. They have made and will continue to make content.

So why close the donate button just because for this particular mod there is one aspect which you think is not up to par? They make other things too.

What if I love this mod (despite any issues) and want to give the team behind it a little incentive to create more in the future? Why shouldn't there be a link here to let me do that?

Because the mod is not up to date and it's broken. If they fix it, they deserve evcery single penny. It's an amazing mod but right now it's broken. Let's agree to disagree, we are not going anywhere with this... I think it's shady, you think it's ok to still be able to get money for something that doesn't work. I hope you never ever complained about a paid dlc, that would make you a big hypocrite.

Guys can we please keep it civil in here as some of these recent comments are getting a little close to the edge of unacceptable.

As @Tr3voRR mentioned above, if we could just agree to disagree and move on from this debate that would be great!

Thanks

Because the mod is not up to date and it's broken. If they fix it, they deserve evcery single penny. It's an amazing mod but right now it's broken. Let's agree to disagree, we are not going anywhere with this... I think it's shady, you think it's ok to still be able to get money for something that doesn't work. I hope you never ever complained about a paid dlc, that would make you a big hypocrite.

Even if I had complained about a paid DLC - the difference there is you have to buy it to try it. That being said, you do all the research you can prior to purchasing.

With a free mod, its easy. You get to try if for free anyway, and if you don't like it you don't pay. That's not to say someone else thinks it is worth donating, and its good the option is there for them.

Its not about "getting money for something that doesn't work" - the creators have made other things and will continue to do so. Its about supporting the people who take the time to make things for your enjoyment. Donating the team via the button on this thread just means I like what they do and hope they do more, not I think your mod is perfect in every single way.

Then if you can't use it, don't donate - it's so simple. Just because there is a donate option available, nobody is required, expected or even encouraged to donate if the mod is not in a usable state - this should be common sense.

Again, I have no idea how this is relevant. Did he think the mod was fully functional, and therefore donated? If that's the case, I have no sympathy for such stupidity.

Nor do I. And not a single creator of this mod (or any) expects anyone to donate for work done in the past. This brings me back to my original point, don't donate if you don't think its worth it.

I expect everyone capable of downloading a free mod is also capable of justifying whether or not its worth giving a small donation to the creators. Whether its fully functional or not (and where do you even draw that line...), its 100% up to the user to make that decision.

Just because you believe that this particular mod doesn't warrant a donation to the creator (completely reasonable), in no way does that mean the option must be removed, nor that other users agree.

The bottom line is that it's fully optional. Donate or don't, but leave it to the individual user to make their own decision.

I have to say sorry, now I have read the whole story and you have right. I misunderstood a little bit his part, and only noticed you are speaking quite harsh to him with strange arguments.

so...ON topic (?)..i think i saw this posted to reddit a few days ago & was wondering what the modders think:
http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/810/mclaren-mp4-13
"At the same time, it also became clear that McLaren were using brake energy to generate electrical power that is stored in batteries. This electricity is then used to run auxiliary pumps on the engine to push out an additional 30 to 40 hp for a limited period."

if accurate i hope it gets included in an update. i really enjoy this gen, but it can't be an easy task modding an adrian newey car.

It was banned almost inmediatly according to this site.

I really don't like the tone in this discussion from a few people. Really guys, if you try to make a point bring it in normal wordings. High emotions never solve any issue or misunderstanding online, especially with text.

With that said the discussion ends and we resume a normal tone again and show some mutual respect between one and other.
Thank you, and have a peacefull and relaxed day. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guys are right, we planned this from the start, add a donation button and scam everyone, we then dived into the pool of $15 that we got and made money angels with them.

We are currently enjoying some caviar however my butler Sebastian seems to be quite slow on the seconds, I mean you cant enjoy caviar without a goblet containing the tears of all the people we have scammed.

We were creative this time saying we arent Nigerian princes, copied abarth 500 physics and pushed it out.

Anyways as we are benevolent princes we shall give you a hint for our next scam, we will release the ts020 but then we shall release an update for this MWHAAHHAHHH. Heres the trick, you think you are getting the update for free but you arent for you are paying for electricity and internet bandwidth so jokes on all of you. Might even uncompress the textures to scam you guys even more.

On a serious note though guys we are sorry the past year hasnt been good for any of the team, we have said it several times and we have reasons and I have spent a lot of time learning more about car physics because my skillset didn't match that of the predecessors. Anyways things will come this year at least we have a set schedule for up coming releases, this and the others are on the list im not gonna put a suggested date out this time because it keeps changing. Anyways all the best to everyone. In case its not blatant dont take what was said above seriously.

That's him by the way! :roflmao:

nigerian-prince.jpg

Awesome mod, great job!
One thing I would like to ask is about the sound. Does anyone experienced issues with the sound, its working fine while driving from cockpit however there is no sound once I start replay.
Thanks.

Sure thing. Content Manager is a standalone piece of software with an almost preposterous number of features. You can use it as a manager for your mod content as the name implies, but there's a lot more to it than that. Rather than spew forth an infomercial, I'll just leave links:

App: http://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

Support/Discussion: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/content-manager-aka-alternative-launcher.33824/

Many thanks. I will download and see how i go.........wooohooooo!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%