McLaren MP4-13

Cars McLaren MP4-13 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Thread starter Deleted member 28995
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 130869

Can the tire grippiness/stability or aero load be revisited? We shouldn't be able to go flat out around Eau Rouge in that car, not until a few years later. I don't know which aspect would account for the great stability and grip we see in the mod, plus according to Zonta and Villeneuve, the grooved tires provided a bit of "slidey" feeling on corners though I imagine implementing this would be way too much work.

• Deleted member 130869

Here is video feedback. One isn't McLaren but it's the point about Eau Rouge. We shouldn't be able to easily go around it flat out. The other video shows the need to back off in corners like Pouhon where in the game you can just keep pushing.

• Deleted member 130869

Pt2. McLaren lap around the track, unfortunately no onboard around Eau Rouge but we can follow on other parts to compare with the game.

And your first video is from 1999, they had much less tire grip because Bridgestone was the only tire manufacturer and they used much stiffer compounds, making the tires "safer" but way slower (and front tires had 4 grooves vs 3 in 1998). In 1998 there was a big tyre war between Bridgestone (McLaren) and Goodyear (Ferrari).

Are you sure?

PS: tire load sensitivity is one of the weakest parts of AC imho, as it's totally linear, so we are a bit limited there. It does happen in official cars as well.
"You must not lift the throttle on the way in, .... (didn't understand that word) to about 80% now, ..."
Would mean it's not flat out imo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Only tried it with the default setup so far, and I could go flat out.

We'll bear in mind we'll drive flat out anywhere, we're not paying for anything, our careers aren't at stake and nor are our lives, so of course in the sim we'll always be able to go alittle bit more balls to the wall. I'm not suggesting there isn't a problem, I'm just throwing it out there so it's not just flippantly discussed.

Cracking stuff, gave this two laps at Spa with the DK2 and set a 2:00:009 on my first flying lap. I've no idea how close this is to David Coulthard's car, or Spa is to the 1998 version but as an F1 stats geek I'm only 12 seconds off his qualifying time. I think with a little work I can get close :)
Thanks so much - love it!

Cracking stuff, gave this two laps at Spa with the DK2 and set a 2:00:009 on my first flying lap. I've no idea how close this is to David Coulthard's car, or Spa is to the 1998 version but as an F1 stats geek I'm only 12 seconds off his qualifying time. I think with a little work I can get close :)
Thanks so much - love it!
With sim you should be able to do something like 1.41.5xx...or a little bit faster...

The only way i would improve the sound would be to add that on off on throttle coarseness you can hear a couple of times through Mika's lap, not sure if AC can mimick it though.

The only way i would improve the sound would be to add that on off on throttle coarseness you can hear a couple of times through Mika's lap, not sure if AC can mimick it though.
To some extent a short-hand method could work, like how I made the engine wobble on high RPM gear changes.

Otherwise, unfortunately not, as it's more a sound of combustion and physical elements and would require billions of calculations per second to generate the physical action and subsequently produce the sound :)

I'll look into the short-hand way. Otherwise, this feature will have to wait 'til 2030! ;)

• Deleted member 130869

Are you sure?
PS: tire load sensitivity is one of the weakest parts of AC imho, as it's totally linear, so we are a bit limited there. It does happen in official cars as well.

I understand the compromise with tires and even adjusting the downforce effect on the car, plus also having to guesstimate internal aspects of the car for ingame simulation. I just keep posting feedback away because maybe one day those adjustments will be better or possible, plus as you guys build up AC experience the quality will only get (even) better :).

Aha, see this list, laps done with F1 MMG 2007, beginner cannot do these times but notice that my answer given with big wide smile :)
http://www.prestogp.com/index.php?v...=1&d1set=1&pacset=1&nlvipset=1&nonleagueset=1

It's MMG/whatever other names in between/Mak, you shouldn't have to read or see anything more about any of their cars when it comes to comparing to real life ;).

"You must not lift the throttle on the way in, .... (didn't understand that word) to about 80% now, ..."
Would mean it's not flat out imo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Only tried it with the default setup so far, and I could go flat out.
Well Brundle said that, but it looks like he didnt lift at all, as it would have been more noticeable knowing he is going uphill! Besides, 29.8 on first sector is really fast on spa.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back