McLaren MCL 32 Breaks Cover - Now in Orange!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the secrets of how they mount the front wing with such a small contact area? I'm wondering if they reinforce the mounts with titanium? The Mercedes is the same sort of solution. Very clever.

.....and don't say Gorilla Glue....or no nails....

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the secrets of how they mount the front wing with such a small contact area? I'm wondering if they reinforce the mounts with titanium? The Mercedes is the same sort of solution. Very clever.

3r7i1c.jpg

Seriously though, no idea, been asking myself the same question already.

Ask Haas

Anybody ever wondered what a piston-engined GA plane would look designed by an F1 team while meeting similar wingspan restrictions?

Lol @ the complaining about the orange. If you're not old enough or educated enough to associate that particular shade of orange with McLaren, well...

Are there any new cars without fins? I'm rooting for those cars. :p

Love the livery! Nice to see McLaren return to a traditional team colour.

There was too much metallic silver and grey on the grid. This will stand out, as a race car should.

The car itself looks fine. All modern F1 cars are quite ugly compared to the simpler, cleaner lines of 25-30 years ago.

Looks better than last year, but does anyone else think it's odd for CNN to sponsor a race team?

I hadn't noticed that one yet, but it does make sense actually: CNN is not the BBC, it's a corperate entity like Sky News. On the other hand, it's an american news company and the US has never really been interested in F1. I'd expect them to sponsor Haas.

That thing has conventional wings. I was wondering what F1 cars designers could give it for the wings. Maybe some light Cessna could be made just two Formula 1 cars wide?

You want an airplane with downforce? :unsure:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years