Resource icon

Cars McLaren M23 and M23-5 by OMV 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is someone able to help me? I have been unable to install this as when it goes to load the car, AC just crashes straight away after loading the track. I have tried installing it dozens of times and have installed about 15 other cars with no issues. Any idea?

Did you use the installer delivered in the resource? You also have to select the right directory, that means the car folder in Assetto Corsa content located in Steam apps, common,...

View attachment 77252
After about five months of hard work finally here comes the 1973 Yardley McLaren M23 by OfficineMeccanicheVirtuali.

First of all I must thank Glynn123, leon_90 and fry for their cooperation in this project and finally the whole group of OfficineMeccanicheVirtuali and particularly Luca Pierotti for physics, elMariachi90 for sounds, Andrea Smiraglia for skin and Roberto for coordination.

A special shout out goes to the members of the team:
  • Tuccillo Roberto – RaceMan – physics
  • Pierotti Luca – Fangetto – physics and 3d graphic designer
  • Stocco Piergiorgio – 3d graphic designer
  • Andrea Smiraglia – 2d graphic designer
  • Vivenzo Carmine – 3d graphic designer
  • Cervone Davide – ElMariachi – sound
Download the McLaren M23 here
hi, great car, great job, but im getting it in my menu, but load screen just hangs saying,loading Yardley m23? any ideas?
I installed file using exe, to car file. it added a file called content,with cars and drivers in it? so I took it out, removed McLaren from cars and pasted it into cars. it then showed?
was I doing right?

When installing, you have to choose the right directory: it needs to be installed into the cars folder under content in AC. I had the same issue when just installing first into another directory and then copy and pasting it into the cars folder. it doesn't work that way.

I have same prob, but even I just use installer, it adds a content file to cars, and nothing shows in game, take the mp23 car out of content, and put it into cars, it shows in game, skins etc. but screen still hangs!,

Weird, can't see any other way to install it, .

I have same prob, but even I just use installer, it adds a content file to cars, and nothing shows in game, take the mp23 car out of content, and put it into cars, it shows in game, skins etc. but screen still hangs!,

Weird, can't see any other way to install it, .
Then maybe uninstall again and save it in the main directory assetto corsa. The content file will then just add the M23 in the cars map, as it "overwrites" the content map (but as there is only the M23 data in it, it will just add this car to the rest, no data will be lost).
If this doesn't work, I blame the latest updates because that's the easiest to do:D

With regard to my previous post regarding offset Instruments below is the screenshot.
Anyone help with this problem please?

Untitled.jpg

With regard to my previous post regarding offset Instruments below is the screenshot.
Anyone help with this problem please?
Guess what - tilted dashboard instruments weren't really out of the ordinary.
MO13_r148_11.jpg

This particular car (M16C) was used in IndyCar, not F1, but it was built by the same time period by pretty much the same people.
WHY did they put them like that? No idea, maybe they were sloppy - it's McLaren after all :sneaky:

The most recent AC update seems to have bricked the mod as it successfully loads the track but crashes back to menu as soon as tries to load the car. I have already tried reinstalling it. This leads me to believe it isn't compatible with the most recent version of AC.

EDIT: Apparently while looking through other mods, the way to fix it to at least run is to go into the aero.ini file in the data folder of the car and delete everything under the [data] perimeter, as that got it working for me. It isn't perfect but it will at least allow you to enjoy the car until it is hopefully updated.

Last edited:
Any chance of a sound fix? It now sounds like a Formula E car screeching tyres and thats it.
Please let us know, I really like driving this car a lot and Kunos has once again taken some of my fun away.

Cheers AussieStig

Guess what - tilted dashboard instruments weren't really out of the ordinary.
MO13_r148_11.jpg

This particular car (M16C) was used in IndyCar, not F1, but it was built by the same time period by pretty much the same people.
WHY did they put them like that? No idea, maybe they were sloppy - it's McLaren after all :sneaky:

They did that to put the RPM redline, or whatever max they wanted for each gauge, on top at 12 o'clock, to make it easier to see and obvious at a glance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back