McLaren-Honda MP4/4

Cars McLaren-Honda MP4/4 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Easily, without doubt, the best car mod for AC, best car for AC period. It is outstanding in every way. The immersion of the experience of driving this beast puts a smile on my face every time...... every lap, quicker and quicker. This car can be DRIVEN to the limits ! excellent physics in my opinion. Well done !

I love the car, but for some reason CM (Content manager) is continuously giving an error message:

CM_error.png

Any idea how to fix it ?
I allready deleted and reinstalled the car a few times.
Thanks

The only way is to extract the files and fix them manually ... but it shouldn't affect the car physics.
That error was generated by excel, it will be corrected on the next update.

This car is absolutely fantastic!!!

I notice on the steering wheel there is a "Boost" button.
I realize I can press 1 through 0 to change the turbo boost from 10% to 100%.
So I might want to set my normal boost to 50% (press the 5 key).
But is there a way to assign a button on my wheel to temporarily set the boost to 100%?
So if I want to overtake some traffic I hold the "Boost" button on my wheel and the turbo boost is set to 100% until I take my finger off the "Boost" button, when it reverts back to my normal boost (of 50%).
Is that how the Boost button worked in reality?
An App maybe?

I usually run them 100% for qualifying, and the highest setting that doesn't damage the engine for race, I think 60% or 70%. I'd need to check for the pressure it actually produces at these settings, but I presume the 2.5 bar ist at 100% - as it was restricted to 2.5 bar it shouldn't be able to produce more.

Hi VRC Team !

Will it be an improvement for the internal sound of these tremendous and famous car ?

In my opinion, at low revs, It sounds near perfection, the rumble is magnificent, meanwhile, the high revs needs less reverberations and more "wild", some "dry" sensations.
Am I alone with these feeling ?

By the way, thank you so much for all the cars created by VRC, It’s always a pleasure to buy these jewels and giving some thought as a humble public beta tester.

Cheers ! ;-)

Hi Master of the "wall of sound" !

OK, I understand and I can't disagree !

Making great sounds, accurate as possible is one of the most difficult thing in modding and I understand your other priorities, heard with a constant pleasure on your YouTube channel.
I'm the guy who's annoying always about sounds in the VRC forum.^^

Thank you so much for your answer and... your talent ! ;-)

I'm having a rather strange issue with this car's physics. It feels like it has virtually zero rear downforce. I can't push at all through medium/high speed sections with the stock setup. Here's a quick video that shows it, I was lifting all the way through Eau Rouge and I could still feel the rear end getting loose, and then i (intentionally) gave a few steering inputs on the straight and it spun. Obviously nobody else is experiencing this, so it's something on my end, but it makes the car undriveable. Are you guys having to change the aero setup or is the stock one fine?

EDIT: Did some setup work, and that seems to have fixed it for the most part. Car still seems to get really irritable at high speed but it's manageable.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back