Mclaren GT3 - Over powered?

Hi everyone

Relative noob here, I've got about 200 hours in ACC so far with no previous sim experience.

As suggested by a multitude of people I have stuck to the same car (Lambo) and worked through all of the tracks. I can generally get within about 2.5-3.5 seconds of the youtube hotlap times.

I fancied trying another car at this stage and have found the Mclaren both easier to drive and faster.

Upon looking around I found a fair few posts suggesting that this car is potentially over powered.

I am aware that the patches change the BOP over time so wondered if this was still the case or whether things have evened out since it was originally released?

I'd rather be a bit slower in a fair car than getting misleading results in a fast one as it seems the former is the better approach to improve over time

Cheers

From what I've seen the Macca is good at tracks like Silverstone with medium/high speed sweepers but I beat one last week in my Bentley round there and he out qualified me.

I think a lot of it depends on your driving style. I can't get on with that car as I'm a kerb basher (too much BTCC as a kid ha) and it doesn't seem to like kerbs much.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%