AC McLaren F1 GTR @ Monza - Wed 13 Mar 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First race I stayed on "softs" ..huge mistake, the last three laps I felt like I was ice skating..but still had some great battles.

Maybe the car was a bit to much of a handful, lots of practice was needed.

Congrads to the podiums, well deserved :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ..I hope we get more drivers next week, we will be racing the mighty Abarth 500 :thumbsup:

Thanks Craig that was enjoyable. Will be telling everyone in the pub that I raced a McLaren F1 round Monza, I wont mention where I placed though ;)

First race I stayed on "softs" ..huge mistake, the last three laps I felt like I was ice skating..but still had some great battles.

Maybe the car was a bit to much of a handful, lots of practice was needed.

Congrads to the podiums, well deserved :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ..I hope we get more drivers next week, we will be racing the mighty Abarth 500 :thumbsup:

I did see you was one, of not the only running the softs. They had good pace at the start but I seen you falling away towards the end.

First race in VR for me and its so much better in keeping me more consistent. I wasn’t the quickest but the consistency helped me hugely.

Thanks again @Craig Dunkley !!

It was fun but that McLaren is a real diva:roflmao: handle with care.. Had a long working day and massive headache but decided to race nevertheless:p
Thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting:thumbsup:
And sorry again for hitting that guy in the 1st race, 1st lap.. braked too late, then brakes locked.. :poop:

Race 1 went very well*.
Started from pole and managed to stay clear of everyone in 1st chicane,
and after that i could create a gap and expand that gap to the finish.
Was lonely but very tight and consistent.

Race 2.
Start again went well*.
Made up a spot or 2 and then made a big mistake in the fast chicane onto the back straight.
Ohohohoh that costed me sooooo much time :(.
All by my own doing :whistling:.
Thought of quiting but stuck in there and even
managed to get back up to p3 in the end :cool:.

If only i didnt spin after i went off track and when catching up with other drivers
someone spun in front of me in 1st chicane( think i was overtaking Craig at the time),
which costed another few seconds before the track was clear again.
And still "only" finished 6 sec behind p2. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thx for setting it up Craig,and for posting the setup.
I ended up using my own setup but with a few modifications ;).

* In order to keep my rear wheels from spinning up i opted to start in 2nd gear.
Went pretty well i must say,i've made some practise starts during practise and it felt good,:)
so i decide to go for it.

Cy all next time.

Last edited:
I agree,myself and @Martin Kraaijenbrink spend also a few evenings practising in order to getting to know the car/track combo.

Then I have to be quite happy, with only the qualy practicing, ended both races in P4.:thumbsup:

It was fun but that McLaren is a real diva:roflmao: handle with care.. Had a long working day and massive headache but decided to race nevertheless:p
Thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting:thumbsup:
And sorry again for hitting that guy in the 1st race, 1st lap.. braked too late, then brakes locked.. :poop:

No problem, racing incident. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years