McLaren confident of winning final four races

button-japan-01-mclaren.jpg

McLaren aims to win all four remaining races in a bid to get the best start to 2012, say Jenson Button and team principal Martin Whitmarsh.

Button, who won the Japanese Grand Prix on Sunday, despite starting behind Sebastian Vettel, is confident of winning or at least fighting for victory in Korea, India, Abu Dhabi and Brazil.

"Our aim is to fight for victory in all four races left and I think we will be able to," he said in Japan.
With the regulations remaining almost constant in 2012, apart from a change to the exhaust layout and nose height, Button believes ending the season with the fastest car will enable the team to start 2012 as the fastest team, unlike this season when they struggled during pre-season testing.

"If we can do that, it is a fantastic base for next year," he added. "We've got to hit the ground running in 2012 and this is the best way to do it, I think, ending on a high. Red Bull have done it the last couple of years. We need to do the same thing."

source

They won one at least :)
Indeed, something tells me Fernando Alonso or Hamilton will win in Sao Paulo, i just have the feeling, i know it's some time away but i have a vision for these things, just as i knew Vettel would win this year, but something tells me he will not win next year.

Hmmm, oh next year, will i even be watching F1 anymore considering the Sky Deal? :(

ha yeah im sure they will win, i mean your already WC, but the remaining tracks are clearly made for them redbulls like we saw last year, but nevertheless i dont understimate Jensons driving.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back