McLaren announces a second Geneva debut: The 675LT

mclaren675lt_wheel_01.jpg

McLaren have announced a second Geneva debut - the first of which being the P1 GTR, to join the 650S in McLaren's recently named "Super Series".

The Super Series will consist of, so far, the 650S, the 675LT and the 625C as the companies line of supercars. They have also named a lower, more attainable range, the "Sports Series", which will debut at the New York International Auto Show in April.

For now details are limited, what we do know is the LT stands for "LongTail", which is said to be a modern embodiment of the legendary F1 GTR Longtail. McLaren says they have put a "focus on performance optimised aerodynamics, increased downforce, driver engagement, power and reduced weight."

More importantly, the 675 does indeed represent the horsepower, which translates to a ominous 666bhp. This certainly sounds like a recipe for a truly amazing car, which will be offered later this year in a coupe body style.

More details of the car will be released in the weeks leading to the Geneva Show, for now we will have to settle for these shots of the rear wheel spinning in the wet.

Watch the video here.

Can't wait for Geneva, so many sweet new cars being showcased there. Looking forward to this one and the Vantage GT3 which is supposed to be a Porsche 911 GT3 rival, excited to see how well Aston does out of their comfort zone. :D

I can't wait to see Mclarens final product, which I think will come in 2017. It will be
inspired by the rest of the Super Series cars and it should be awesome.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.8%