McLaren and Honda Team Up for 2015 Season

That Red and White livery was Marlboro colours not Honda's.

But I think they know what McLaren/Honda means to Formula One fans, and could see them changing it to Red and White for the good publicity.

Good news, the more automotive companies involved in F1 the better I think.

Now, im wondering what other team they'll be supplying. JA puts his bet on Sauber after some rumours floated around the last few weeks.

I think we might see Lotus run on Honda engines, I remember seeing an article related to Renault wanting to supply less teams, and considering the plans that Toro Rosso wants to use Renault engines and the rumour that Renault are going to be the most expensive package I don't think its out of the question seeing Lotus buying Honda engines, after all the financial stability of Lotus has been a topic lately.

One thing that worries me is that this early announcement might have a big impact on the 2014 season for McLaren when they are still running the new Mercedes engine. I can imagine that Mercedes does not want to share all the technical information with the team knowing that they will run with competing Honda engines a year later.

One thing that worries me is that this early announcement might have a big impact on the 2014 season for McLaren when they are still running the new Mercedes engine. I can imagine that Mercedes does not want to share all the technical information with the team knowing that they will run with competing Honda engines a year later.

Well said....

boffin.jpg

+1 :D

IMHO the Goodyear tyres were the best ones overall as far as I have followed the F1 the last 15-20 years or so :)

I think this is exactly the reason why Pirelli will pull out from F1. General impression now seems that they make bad tires while in fact they make less good quality tires on request of the F1 organization :)

They can make tires that will last an entire race if they are asked to do so just like any other manufacturer can.

Yokohama normally have pretty good tires as well but they don't even last a whopping 10 lap Monza race on the Seat in the WTCC for the same reason as the Pirelli's wear out in F1.

Yeah, but I wonder what Merc can do? I mean they signed a contract and they can't give McLaren another version or something of their engine.

What me really worries is the fact that the FIA made it really complicated for new engine suppliers. Did you guys hear about this ridiculous point-system? You have to spent points if you want to develop the engine. The later a engine supplier enters the turbo ara the less points can be spent, which makes the development nearly impossible. I mean, what the hell?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%