Resource icon

Skins Mclaren 94 with 2013/14 sponsors (2015 Fantasy) 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 161052

And you forgot to change the Camozzi logo from the rear wing into something ;)

Possibly he doesn't know where to ask me for permission because it's simply in "Start a Conversation" or any other reason why.
I put where I got the skin ... need permission to take something that is not copyrighted? I think not ... so just the link of the original skin this here and not have to ask permission for something created for others downloading ...

I put where I got the skin ... need permission to take something that is not copyrighted? I think not ... so just the link of the original skin this here and not have to ask permission for something created for others downloading ...
You NEED to ask permission if you use someone else's work; I'd gladly get one of the Staff Members to explain this.

Until the staff clears this up, let me be very clear: there's such a thing as copyright on anything you create, no matter if you put it up on some site to download it. If I take someone else's work, alter it and upload it again, no matter if I give credit or not, I'm violating the original creator's property rights. Plus, it's not that much of an effort to ask someone for permission; most modders don't have a problem with that.

Until the staff clears this up, let me be very clear: there's such a thing as copyright on anything you create, no matter if you put it up on some site to download it. If I take someone else's work, alter it and upload it again, no matter if I give credit or not, I'm violating the original creator's property rights. Plus, it's not that much of an effort to ask someone for permission; most modders don't have a problem with that.
no, I do not need permission, just put credits ... ever heard the saying "nothing is created on the internet, everything is copied" he asked permission to change the skin of mclaren for codemasters? then it is the same thing ... you did not like complain elsewhere. And stop crying.

no, I do not need permission, just put credits ... ever heard the saying "nothing is created on the internet, everything is copied" he asked permission to change the skin of mclaren for codemasters? then it is the same thing ... you did not like complain elsewhere. And stop crying.
First of all, do you see me crying? No. Second, I think it's slightly different if you alter something you purchased (and that's what you do by buying this game) and then publish it non-commercially, or if you take someone else's work without giving them anything for it, and then give it off as your own work. The LEAST you could have done is tag @needforspeedgamer in your original post, crediting him. You just gave the link to his thread.

Second, may well be your quote
nothing is created on the internet, everything is copied
applies to other places on the internet, but RD relies a lot on mutual respect, and if you care to go through many, many threads on the F1 2012 forums, you will soon realize that a lot of them have been closed due to copyright infringements.

If other places on the internet tolerate that you steal someone's work and publish it as your own, then feel free to go to these places, but I personally think that you should've asked permission at least.

@KamikazeSAT

Yup we are all about mutual respect here.

Yes it's great that you gave some sort of credit by linking to the original modder's upload. Crediting the modder by name is by far preferred, and you should ideally get the permission of the modder who created the skin first.

All you have to do is click on his name and start a conversation with him.

In this case I will tag @needforspeedgamer

If he decides that he doesn't want his work used in your upload, all he has to do is hit the 'report' link and we will remove your upload. So I recommend that you PM him now and have a friendly chat.

I will not argue about permissions for using Comemasters files. They are well aware of what we do here. If you want to create an original mod, then you should use their base files (your games files). If using someone else's mod, then permissions and credits is the way to go.

Please read this sticky post if you are unsure about how thing work here at RD.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...is-forum-work-how-to-upload-some-rules.73612/

Cheers :)

• Deleted member 161052

I got the point why you disliked my post: If you don't need permission from me, you could tag my username in your resource.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%