McLaren 720S GT3 Coming to rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 1.jpg

rFactor 2 have revealed the next new car of the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC - the world exclusive sim racing debut of the brand new McLaren 720S GT3!

Confirmed as coming to the sim alongside the Porsche 911 GT3 R, BMW M6, Audi R8 LMS and one as yet unannounced licence, the confirmation today by Studio 397 of the impending release of the McLaren 720S GT3 is something of a coup for the studio - beating Assetto Corsa Competizione out the blocks as the first racing simulation to feature the latest, and potentially greatest, GT racing car from the formidable McLaren Automotive organisation.

With this latest announcement we now have four of the upcoming five car pack confirmed, leaving just a little bit of room for speculation as to the final model will be before we get our hands on the cars within the sim ourselves - I can't wait!

rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 2.jpg
rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I know nothing about how shaders work but am curious if people on low graphic settings will notice the difference or are they only activated on higher levels?
Also will new shaders affect performance?
Thx

Game engines are (usually) scalable and can switch between shader levels, switch off advanced shader calculations or have fallback shaders in case the users hardware doesnt support certain features.
i think S397 have proven that they care about performance and scalability so far.

I don't see the Nissan as a choice. (nor sadly the NSX) The 4 cars listed so far are all European based and raced. Sure the GT3;s cover the globe now, but I suspect S397 has been building bridges with local brands near their home-base in Denmark. So England & Germany cover the first 4 cars. I bet a-lot of these deals were made at the Sim-Expo last summer. Anyone know of other manufactures who were there??? If my theory is correct, it won't be cars that race mainly in the USA, or Aussieland. AC has a new 488(I THINK it was AC) so it probably won't be Ferrari.
What does that leave us? Aston, Bentley, Lambo-ghini, Jag???
What about the Glickenhaus? It races at the Nordscheife and that is the next 'big' deal for rF2. Is the Glick GT3?
Wow, I didn't know about this car, I just watched on youtube the Glick SCG003C lap at Nordschleife, this car is just insane, it's a baby LMP2. I'll take this one over any other GT3 option :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%