McLaren 720S GT3 Coming to rFactor 2

rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 1.jpg

rFactor 2 have revealed the next new car of the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC - the world exclusive sim racing debut of the brand new McLaren 720S GT3!

Confirmed as coming to the sim alongside the Porsche 911 GT3 R, BMW M6, Audi R8 LMS and one as yet unannounced licence, the confirmation today by Studio 397 of the impending release of the McLaren 720S GT3 is something of a coup for the studio - beating Assetto Corsa Competizione out the blocks as the first racing simulation to feature the latest, and potentially greatest, GT racing car from the formidable McLaren Automotive organisation.

With this latest announcement we now have four of the upcoming five car pack confirmed, leaving just a little bit of room for speculation as to the final model will be before we get our hands on the cars within the sim ourselves - I can't wait!

rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 2.jpg
rFactor 2 McLaren 720S GT3 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

M D Gourley

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 17, 2015
Really liking the direction and development that Studio 397 have taken rFactor 2 so far as this is personally my Sim of choice at the moment...and as always I personally have been saving my pennies for the up-coming DLC and laser scanned Nordschleife:)

CC

10000RPM
Premium
Apr 27, 2013
This is exactly the kind of content this sim needs, exclusive content no one else has,
instead of cars what was in other sims 2-3 years ago, great work @Marcel Offermans :)

Reactions: no_talent

erba72

250RPM
Jun 30, 2017
oooohh, this leaves speculations for the last one !
Your guess guys ? I'll bet on an Italian beauty, 488 GT3 or Huracan (Evo ?) GT3

Reactions: Oldzeb

MPortnoy

250RPM
Sep 5, 2016
oooohh, this leaves speculations for the last one !
Your guess guys ? I'll bet on an Italian beauty, 488 GT3 or Huracan (Evo ?) GT3
I'm hoping for either one of those too. Lambo more likely than the Ferrari.

McKiernan

75RPM
Jan 31, 2016
It looks gorgeous. I'll definitely be getting this new pack. Personally would've preferred to see a new brand to the sim & there's still hope for that so not gonna complain.

GPfan

25RPM
Oct 23, 2008
Aston Martin would be nice but Nissan is a must!!! The new Aston could come later next year.....But the Mcl. is soooo nice!!!

Juwe

25RPM
Jul 3, 2017
Booooo! Then we have two McLaren gt3 cars... naaah, no problem, I like it and will buy the pack of course :) Btw, I would really like to get the NSX!
And I wonder if the old GT3 pack(and the other s397 cars) will get the shader update too. I guess(and hope) the reiza pack is delayed so much, because of the implementation of upcoming new shaders. Maybe Sebring and the new reiza tracks will also benefit from the new shaders. Or is it for cars only?