AC Mazda MX5Cup @ Bahrain, Wednesday 24th March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Fiberoptix and @doof205 Tomorrow night we have a test event with the Audi TT Cup (also easy ride) on Zandvoort. I can use some more drivers for the test. It's on the Calendar. I would love to have you both.

Bah... Had to bail at the last possible second, hope that didn't mess anyone up. Frantically trying to get to the right spot on Discord, rookie mistake not to have gotten familiar with it beforehand. Usually that thing is chortling away at me at least any time it's on, but I couldn't get a peep out of it today. It didn't feel safe driving without being able to hear race control. So I made the decision to call this a training exercise and try yet again. Felt calm, wasn't flustered, just unprepared, despite thinking I had had done everything to get myself ready. Thinking about it, I could probably have raced safely, but in addition to the rule, I do indeed agree that one needs to be able to hear to be safe. I qualified just about where I expected to and almost always am, 103%-104% of the pole, and had a setup that lasted 16-17 laps at just a tick better actually than that qualy time, (spent most of qualy trying to fix Discord!) Despite all that, I thoroughly enjoyed the process of prepping a setup and learning the track etc. I will be back... the 787B and I have been loving The Glen. And this time I will be prepared for real.

Bah... Had to bail at the last possible second, hope that didn't mess anyone up. Frantically trying to get to the right spot on Discord, rookie mistake not to have gotten familiar with it beforehand. Usually that thing is chortling away at me at least any time it's on, but I couldn't get a peep out of it today. It didn't feel safe driving without being able to hear race control. So I made the decision to call this a training exercise and try yet again. Felt calm, wasn't flustered, just unprepared, despite thinking I had had done everything to get myself ready. Thinking about it, I could probably have raced safely, but in addition to the rule, I do indeed agree that one needs to be able to hear to be safe. I qualified just about where I expected to and almost always am, 103%-104% of the pole, and had a setup that lasted 16-17 laps at just a tick better actually than that qualy time, (spent most of qualy trying to fix Discord!) Despite all that, I thoroughly enjoyed the process of prepping a setup and learning the track etc. I will be back... the 787B and I have been loving The Glen. And this time I will be prepared for real.
I'm sorry you couldn't race this time.
And if you want to test your Discord , you're very welcome to help me with the reverse grid test tomorrow night. You can find it in the Calendar.

Last edited:
After the start i was in a very good position but i did lots of mistakes, it wasn't easy for me to be constant with the mx-5 in this track. Anyway well done to everyone, what a pity for Omar that ran out of fuel, see you next race :thumbsup:

Thanks everybody for joining tonight. I had a headache during qualify and decided to skip it to have a relaxed race. I had a lot of fun catching up and overtaking.

Congrats to the podium! Incredible lap times from you three.

@640er Andreas, what happened to you?

@maxilogan Great race! Good pace! Sorry you ended without fuel.

As soon as Chris and I have decided on the track for next week, I will set up the event for next week.

In the meantime I'd like to hear from you if you getting bored with the MX5Cup and want something faster and a bit more challenging. You can reply in this thread or send me a PM.

Last edited:
@640er Andreas, what happened to you?
In the meantime I'd like to hear from you if you getting bored with the MX5Cup and want something faster and a bit more challenging. You can reply in this thread or send me a PM.

Started P5 and could get close to the leading pack before going into T1. Stayed at the outside in the hope to profit from some troubles at the inside. Suddenly it was me who felt contact at his back right and spun. I saw it was @pattikins who I've made contact with and as I wasn't sure why and what happend I waited for him. We ran similar lap times and I was constantly at his back, gave him something to think about. When I finally thought I could have the edge over him my PC or AC decided that's enough for today. Got a black screen and a "Race cancelled" message :/ Hopefully my driverless car didn't do any damage to you Patrick. Therefore I have no replay too so if anybody could share his that would be great.

Thanks @HF2000 as always. Bahrain was ok'ish with the MX-5. Better than expected but still a bit too much time between the corners ;)

@Fiberoptix and @doof205 Tomorrow night we have a test event with the Audi TT Cup (also easy ride) on Zandvoort. I can use some more drivers for the test. It's on the Calendar. I would love to have you both.

I will give this ago, I have signed up on SGP.

Kind of fun trying this as I drive a TTS. From what I see this is largely the same car but lighter, guess better brakes etc.. It actually feels quite realistic in the sim. Understeery but forgiving and you can wheelspin it which is virtually impossible in the real car unless its wet.

Started P5 and could get close to the leading pack before going into T1. Stayed at the outside in the hope to profit from some troubles at the inside. Suddenly it was me who felt contact at his back right and spun. I saw it was @pattikins who I've made contact with and as I wasn't sure why and what happend I waited for him. We ran similar lap times and I was constantly at his back, gave him something to think about. When I finally thought I could have the edge over him my PC or AC decided that's enough for today. Got a black screen and a "Race cancelled" message :/ Hopefully my driverless car didn't do any damage to you Patrick. Therefore I have no replay too so if anybody could share his that would be great.

Thanks @HF2000 as always. Bahrain was ok'ish with the MX-5. Better than expected but still a bit too much time between the corners ;)
Sorry to hear about your race cancel crash to desktop.
Did you run another session yet?
If not you could check the log files for the error. AC normally never crashes just like that so when it crashes once, it might crash twice...

What csp version are you on currently?

(getting "race canceled" and some errors is "normal" after quitting a session manually when csp has some hiccups but it should never crash in its own)

Last edited:

Jon, it was a shame you weren't in the race. However, there's no "race control" as you may think of, I think. The host is simply repeating the recommendations listed in the rules so if you basically run safely, do not divebomb in T1 / L1 and respect the golden rule, you are ok to run, at least that's my humble opinion. During the race there are no announcements whatsoever, just the above mentioned recommendations at the beginning.

Jon, it was a shame you weren't in the race. However, there's no "race control" as you may think of, I think. The host is simply repeating the recommendations listed in the rules so if you basically run safely, do not divebomb in T1 / L1 and respect the golden rule, you are ok to run, at least that's my humble opinion. During the race there are no announcements whatsoever, just the above mentioned recommendations at the beginning.
You're right, Omar. If you know the rules and obey them, it's safe to race. So no official restrictions there. But having voice chat activated is preferred for communication during the race with other drivers in case of blue flags, entering the pit and incidents where you can tell the other that he doesn't have to wait for example.

If not you could check the log files for the error. AC normally never crashes just like that so when it crashes once, it might crash twice...

(getting "race canceled" and some errors is "normal" after quitting a session manually when csp has some hiccups but it should never crash in its own)

There were 3 people that disappeared within a lap or two of each other.

What could I say? This could have been my better race to date if it wasn't that I completely forgot about the additional lap we have to do after the session end. I assumed that the system calculations were ok and I added another lap just to remain on the safe side, but chances are that as my race pace was better than the quali one, and the lap being so long, I consumed more fuel than expected. When chief started warning about having 5 minutes of fuel left and the timer saying the session would have ended in 4.20 I realized I was in danger :roflmao: and started to lift and coast, but to no real avail.
All in all, it was such a fun race anyway, some battling, great pace (best lap was 1,5s less than the PB I recorded during the AI race, and without any slipstream, and 1,5s less than quali time :O_o: ).
Thank you @edo22 for the sympathy, and also apologies for the incident in T13. I still have to see the replay, yesterday I didn't feel / hear any bump so I assumed you simply lost control of the car and I proceeded but then I had the doubt of having went too wide due to the fact that trying not to push you out before T13 I was much more on the inside than what I usually was and took the corner in a totally different way, and the car understeered more than I would expected.

@HF2000 thank you, yesterday I really felt I could do a great race and had a whole lot of fun. Hadn't it been for a message server saying that Victor had disconnected, and that distracted me leading to that error in T5/T6, I would have made your overtake less comfortable ("thou shall not pass!") but it was already clear that you had a better pace and sooner or later it was inevitable. Simply, I would have battled another few corners for the sake of fun :thumbsup:

See you next race, cheers to the podium finishers and thank Han for hosting!

What could I say? This could have been my better race to date if it wasn't that I completely forgot about the additional lap we have to do after the session end. I assumed that the system calculations were ok and I added another lap just to remain on the safe side, but chances are that as my race pace was better than the quali one, and the lap being so long, I consumed more fuel than expected. When chief started warning about having 5 minutes of fuel left and the timer saying the session would have ended in 4.20 I realized I was in danger :roflmao: and started to lift and coast, but to no real avail.
All in all, it was such a fun race anyway, some battling, great pace (best lap was 1,5s less than the PB I recorded during the AI race, and without any slipstream, and 1,5s less than quali time :O_o: ).
Thank you @edo22 for the sympathy, and also apologies for the incident in T13. I still have to see the replay, yesterday I didn't feel / hear any bump so I assumed you simply lost control of the car and I proceeded but then I had the doubt of having went too wide due to the fact that trying not to push you out before T13 I was much more on the inside than what I usually was and took the corner in a totally different way, and the car understeered more than I would expected.

@HF2000 thank you, yesterday I really felt I could do a great race and had a whole lot of fun. Hadn't it been for a message server saying that Victor had disconnected, and that distracted me leading to that error in T5/T6, I would have made your overtake less comfortable ("thou shall not pass!") but it was already clear that you had a better pace and sooner or later it was inevitable. Simply, I would have battled another few corners for the sake of fun :thumbsup:

See you next race, cheers to the podium finishers and thank Han for hosting!
We didn't touch, i just was too aggressive with the gas pedal and wheel and lost the car, absolutely not your fault :D

@HF2000 thank you, yesterday I really felt I could do a great race and had a whole lot of fun. Hadn't it been for a message server saying that Victor had disconnected, and that distracted me leading to that error in T5/T6...

I wish there was a way to move/remove the server message, especially for information that relates to people joining & leaving the server during a race.

Will check them later, also CSP don't know by heart. Never had this issue during a race until yesterday and if Patrick says that 3 people left the server in close succession, maybe it was something server related. Just random guessing though.

I wish there was a way to move/remove the server message, especially for information that relates to people joining & leaving the server during a race.

You can at least when you use CM.

Last edited:
Will check them later, also CSP don't know by heart. Never had this issue during a race until yesterday and if Patrick says that 3 people left the server in close succession, maybe it was something server related. Just random guessing though.
You can at least when you use CM.

Would you detail how to do it or point me to some CM section where I can find the option?

The Mazda MX5 seems to be well suited for short tracks, such as Road Atlanta, Okayama, etc., but I agree with Andreas, it was a bit underwhelming @ Bahrain. That said, with more drivers it might've been a different experience.

What about the Formula Abarth/Tatuus for the longer tracks?

Would you detail how to do it or point me to some CM section where I can find the option?

Nevermind, I found it.

Image 2.png

All of these settings were enabled before.

Last edited:
For those who don't use CM (me :redface:) I think this is file that needs to be changed:
..\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\messages.ini

[SYSTEM]
NEW_GHOST=1
SERVER_PLAYER_JOINED=1
SERVER_PLAYER_DISCONNECTED=1
SERVER_KICKED_MSG=1
SERVER_SESSION_VOTING=1
SERVER_KICK_VOTING=1
SERVER_VOTE=1
ABS=1
TC=1
TURBO=1