AC Mazda MX5Cup @ Bahrain, Wednesday 24th March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys please don't ever stop on the racing line when others are on the server. Please take the time to move off the line if you can. Even if you think nobody is around - gaps can close very quickly when you're stopped!

I was on the server last night, but it wasn't me. Honest :cautious::laugh:. The person in question is a long time premium member, who doesn't do, for various reasons, club races. At the time of the 'incident' he had an uninvited stalker :cautious: jabbering away in his ear, giving unsolicited advice ('you don't wanna do it like that'...:laugh:). So he might've been a little distracted when he was trying to quit the game - not easy in VR & as it turned out, it took him a second to long.

Last edited:
lol... let me see if I have this right... I'm getting the checksum error on the practice server, so I should be good to go for the race server? Do I have that right?

I'd connect just to calm down my performance anxiety and see what other people (if any) lap times are :roflmao: but unfortunately I can't at the moment and won't be able to do it before the quali :(

This is going to be my first race @ Bahrain and I'm very much in the process of learning the track. I've therefore no idea what is a good time, let alone the fastest. It's a long track so the chances of getting lapped are minimal - they would need to be more than 8 seconds adrift of the leader's pace.

Edit: The RD practice server is currently down!

Last edited:
I did a some laps and I think it's a very good track for learning the basics of racing. There are some difficult turns with a straight after it so you get with the low powered MX5 severly 'punished' for not hitting the apex and a bad exits.

You can learn a lot with the 'Performance delta' app to try out different approaches of turns and see the effect of it.

This is going to be my first race @ Bahrain and I'm very much in the process of learning the track. I've therefore no idea what is a good time, let alone the fastest. It's a long track so the chances of getting lapped are minimal - they would need to be more than 8 seconds adrift of the leader's pace.

Edit: The RD practice server is currently down!
Without being a spoiler, I couldn’t enter the practice server, but got look during the checksum error. I can do a 2:30 with little practice and new to track. I saw some slightly quicker times. Maybe I should have said 2:35 so Patrick doesn’t try too hard;)

Last edited:
Without being a spoiler, I couldn’t enter the practice server, but got look during the checksum error. I can do a 2:30 with little practice and new to track. I saw some slightly quicker times. Maybe I should have said 2:35 so Patrick doesn’t try too hard;)

Thank you Mark for this reference. I was in the 2.30-2.29 realm as well (got a 2.28.63 when racing against AI after few laps but had some slipstream on the main straight)

Ouch! :confused: Lets just say that there is no chance that I could lap someone doing 2.35s, but I can see 3-4 :alien: on the list that could.

Edit. Looks like the server has been updated to the latest version.

Last edited:
Guys,

We have some policy not to put laptimes in event threads because they can be discouraging for new participants.

The video "Tips for New or Slow Simracers" Brian has put in this thread is on this point very clear. Lap times of others can give stress for some of us and that isn't what we want. We want everyone to have fun and feel good about ourself.
On the practice server you can see lap times of others or you can ask a driver through a PM for his lap times.

Last edited:
Guys,

We have some policy not to put laptimes in event threads because they can be discouraging for new participants.

The video Tips for "New or Slow Simracers" Brian has put in this thread is on this point very clear. Lap times of others can give stress for some of us and that isn't what we want. We want everyone to have fun and feel good about yourself.
On the practice server you can see lap times of others or you can ask a driver through a PM for his lap times.
Understood and agreed. I tried to be vague since I’m on the slow lap side. Nice to have a reference point.

I always find the pole times very discouraging but the slowest qualy times always very encouraging :roflmao:
But usually the slowest only practice offline, while the fastest practice online.

For the gt3 events I usually look up old results or races on YouTube and look at the times. Gives a good range :)

:roflmao:
Guys,

Sorry Han, I didn't mean to discourage anyone, moreover being a certified back marker :roflmao:
The difficult thing with Barhain was that I couldn't find any other reference on the internet with the longest track and the MX5..

If a race server has started can you not sign up? Was hoping to join tonight.
I was about to ask the same thing, didn't get to try until now.
Unfortunately you have to sign up before the whole event starts, so before practice.

I'm very sorry but I can't do anything about it. Next time it's better to register early and maybe withdraw if you can't make it after all.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing