AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Zandvoort - Monday 13 Jan 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
View attachment 343903

@pattikins that's how my video screen looks fyi if you want a reference. You can see the avg fps from the Zand race above. In game, I run ProTyres, car radar, realtime and laptime estimator one.

I believe the problem is to do with Windows/AC, and not the way AC interacts with the Oculus. The throttling occurs both in Oculus and on a 2D monitor. It would be interesting to know how AC spreads the workload across your cpu threads. Thanks.

Can you try to disable the and hyperthreading? I forgot how it's called but kill the virtual cores and stick to 6 cores/threads only.
A shot in the dark but maybe there's something strange happening due to it?
Does this throttling occur in other games too or really only ac?

I wonder if some of your issues are related to AMD and chipset drivers. Had you done any Agesa/Bios updates before these issues started?

I installed the chipset drivers months ago, before the bios update on Monday & they didn't help. I've just installed them again & I'm now reduced to a single core. It seems I've now got a newer, more pressing challenge... :mad:

I've only flashed it once and it wasn't working much better then. So far it's only AC that has been a nightmare. Other non racing titles have worked fine across all cores & threads. In Wildlands, for instance, my gpu is the bottleneck... I've not raced in rfactor2 or raceroom, but there doesn't seem any obvious bottlenecks.

Last edited:
Can you try to disable the and hyperthreading? I forgot how it's called but kill the virtual cores and stick to 6 cores/threads only.
A shot in the dark but maybe there's something strange happening due to it?
Does this throttling occur in other games too or really only ac?
I've had to reset Windows after finding that using Ryzen master didn't work, or two system restores... nor did resetting the bios. Anyway, I've tested AC with hyperthreading (smt) disabled and the result doesn't seem any different.

6 cores (2).png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 114 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 9.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 81 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%
  • < 5 years